Sunday fishing sesh? Who’s keen?

Killemjohnny

What’s up fishos!

just seeing if anyone wants to head out on Sunday? Anywhere around Sydney, whatever type of fishing! Wouldn’t mind chasing some squid as well! 

Don’t have a boat or anything but I got a car and wouldn’t mind some land based  or if you need a decky I’m down and happy to chip in! 

would love to learn some pelagic jigging tips as well. So if someone’s willing to teach me, I’d definitely be happy to learn 🙏🏽

hit me up if you’re keen! 

Edited by Killemjohnny
  • Like 1

My suggestion is to join a fishing club!

They still do exist!

OR spend a few years on here getting to know frequent members & actually get to know some people through conversion & then your request might be met with some offers.

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 1

Thanks for the club recommendations. 

well that was the point of the post. To get out n meet some likeminded people. I’m heading out anyways. So was throwing it out there incase anyone wanted to join. Didn’t know you needed  years of building rapport to do that here...

cheers

Edited by Killemjohnny

Hey Mate, I used to be very keen and was hungry to learn everything there is to know about fishing.

These days I can honestly say I am too busy and no where near as keen as I used to be.

Best advice I can give you is to search through the forum, pick up whatever you can and simply get out there and have a crack, Also when your out there just talk to the other fishos and you will pick up heaps from them and start out simple. targeting bream and things like that. 

I wish I was still as keen as you and had the time as I would be out there in a heartbeat but these days its just work work work!!! and when I have time I am usually doing stuff round the house..

Good luck and hopefully we see some posts from you as you progress even trips where you didn't catch anything are worth posting about as you always learn something new, well that is what I have found anyway.

Regards,

Nathan

• Like 1

Hey johnny, I can't help you on Sundays as I am not interested in trying to launce and retrieve a boat on the week ends. I am an old retired fisho with health problems and I do have a boat ( 3 actually ) but I don't use them these days simply because I have problems finding someone to join me and help me with the boat.

I'm sure there are guys out there in a similar situation  that could use a hand with the boat.

As kingie suggested spend some time on here and get to know a few members and someone will take you fishing in their boat. There are often members here wanting company to do some land based fishing so just be patient and something will happen.

Frank

• Like 2

cheers For the reply Nathan! 
And mate definitely know what that’s like. I had a pretty rough year myself and went on a fishing hiatus, but Yh finally finding a bit of time to get there.                                But yeh for sure doing the homework and looking at a few places for info! Been hovering over this page for a while but decided to sign up the other day. Would’ve been good to meet ya out there! Maybe one day in the future. 

will post up whatever I’ve learnt. Always happy to help out where I can.

cheers again mate!

Edited by Killemjohnny

Hey kj  hope some of the sydney boys hook up with you for a fish   theres plenty of members willing to help  dont let kingie chaser put you off   its good advice to join a club  but then lots of club guys dont like taking others to their spots  hang in and see if you get a taker  surely someone down that way is goin on the weekend ????????

• Like 1

Hey Frank! 

Yeh Definitely keen to take the time and meet some you local fishos on here. 
Don’t mean to sound like I’m just looking to hijack someone’s boat or anything. If that’s how it came across.
I’m just happy to be out fishing regardless 🙂.

I think I saw your post as well, and mate if you ever need a hand or heading out to a land spot I’m free every Thursday and like I said happy just to be out fishing.

if you ever need someone, send me a message mate! 

Thanks Rick. 

and mate it’s all good. Haha Not much can put me off wanting to go out fishing! And totally get the go with fishos and keeping spots secret and all that. 
figured I’d just throw it out there and see who replies!

you from Sydney bro? 
mid so maybe I’ll see you out there one of these days! 

cheers mate!

1 hour ago, Killemjohnny said:

cheers For the reply Nathan! 
And mate definitely know what that’s like. I had a pretty rough year myself and went on a fishing hiatus, but Yh finally finding a bit of time to get there.                                But yeh for sure doing the homework and looking at a few places for info! Been hovering over this page for a while but decided to sign up the other day. Would’ve been good to meet ya out there! Maybe one day in the future. 

will post up whatever I’ve learnt. Always happy to help out where I can.

cheers again mate!

All good mate, who knows I may even get the itch again.

I used to go 3 to 4 times a week and focused on Squidding and 9 times out of 10 caught nothing but did get to see others catching and watched what they did what type of jigs they used etc. Practice Practice Practice!!! and you will meet some great people along the way, in-fact I enjoyed land-based fishing more then fishing from the boats that I owned.

I recently sold my Brooker 435 as it was just collecting dust in my garage and when I did take it out I was more focused on looking after my daughters rod and just driving the boat and pushing the family to come out as the interest was just not there anyway slightly off topic!!!.

As a starting point I would use google maps and have a look around at areas that you can get to in a reasonable amount of time, you can then go onto maritime NSW and get boating maps for the areas you choose to get a rough idea on depths and try a particular spot and keep journal entries looking at tides and see what works best. 

A good starting point for you would be the Parramatta river but just be sure to adhere to rules and regulations as some places you cant fish from and you may have to deal with crowds from time to time.

Places like Gladesville are well known, Greenwich, Chiswick.

Good Luck and enjoy your fishing.

Regards,

Nathan

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brooker435 said:

All good mate, who knows I may even get the itch again.

I used to go 3 to 4 times a week and focused on Squidding and 9 times out of 10 caught nothing but did get to see others catching and watched what they did what type of jigs they used etc. Practice Practice Practice!!! and you will meet some great people along the way, in-fact I enjoyed land-based fishing more then fishing from the boats that I owned.

I recently sold my Brooker 435 as it was just collecting dust in my garage and when I did take it out I was more focused on looking after my daughters rod and just driving the boat and pushing the family to come out as the interest was just not there anyway slightly off topic!!!.

As a starting point I would use google maps and have a look around at areas that you can get to in a reasonable amount of time, you can then go onto maritime NSW and get boating maps for the areas you choose to get a rough idea on depths and try a particular spot and keep journal entries looking at tides and see what works best. 

A good starting point for you would be the Parramatta river but just be sure to adhere to rules and regulations as some places you cant fish from and you may have to deal with crowds from time to time.

Places like Gladesville are well known, Greenwich, Chiswick.

Good Luck and enjoy your fishing.

Regards,

Nathan

Haha that’s it mate. Me and the old man used to catch heaps as a kid but last few time I’ve went out for a squid I caught the donut 😂😂

I didn’t know they had maps showing the depths. I’ve been actually trying to find that info online but it’s not always easy finding the info, cheers! 

hehe good old parramatta river! I used to live closer to there and fish it regularly. Actually have had a few decent catches in there! Caught a few 40cm bream and some nice flatty’s there back in the days but that was years ago now! Fished Gladesville a few times but didn’t know the area that well. I’m just too much of creature of habit haha used to always revert back to where I knew best.

this time  round I wanna do a bit more exploring and break those habits!

Thanks again, Nathan!

• Like 1