Stickbait/popper rod for kings.

sharknett

Hi,

Looking for advice on  an outfit for throwing poppers/stickbaits/livies from kayak and boat. Going on specs and budget currently thinking either Daiwa Demon blood V2 72MH or NS Black Hole Offshore S-722XH

Has anyone used either? Cannot find a store nearby I can handle the NS.

Will be matched with 6 or 8000 Saragosa & 40-50lb braid.

Cheers

Rob

My mate has the demon blood 72mh. And compared that to my shimano jewel 802tw. It is a much better rod. Only advantage the jewel has is that it being an 8ft you could use it to stickbait/popper off the rocks  We both use saragosa 10k

but definitely the demon blood.

1 hour ago, sharknett said:

Thanks for the info. A longer rod would be better for putting action into the lures but make it hard getting fish to the kayak. 

Yeah a longer rod is better for getting action, but to make it hard would be difficult for a kayak. 

• Thanks 2

I have the Demon Blood 72MH with a Saragosa 10000 and love it. Have caught Kings off the boat and break wall. I have found it a bit short when off the rocks as it is hard to get over the oysters and lost a couple of fish. I watched someone with the Demonblood 962 bring in a 110cm Kingie off the rocks that same day easily.

• Thanks 1

I've got a demon blood 962 for spinning off the rocks for kings (and I also use it off the beach to spin or bait fishing for mulloway). It's an absolute weapon - heaps of stopping power and casts lures a mile. 

Whichever demon blood model you get I'm sure you'll be happy as they are quality blanks.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...