Looking for tips of camping + fishing spots down near Esperance WA

nigelthorn

Hey guys,

Spending some time down near Esperance on the way through to Eucla and Fowler's Bay in SA. No solid plans yet but I don't want to go too far east of Esperance as I'll be heading up to Norseman and jumping on the Eyre highway after the Esperance leg.

Hoping to get some tips on a nice place to set up shop in the 4x4 on the beach and get the rods in the water for a full day/late night. Happy to hook into anything but will probably try burley up and get some big bait out to chase sharks, so ideally I'd love to get away from the touristy spots (lucky bay, Wylie bay etc). Plus I don't know if freedom camping on the beach is legal in those more built up areas. 

Anyone been down there and can help out? Thanks

8 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

https://www.fishraider.com.au/search/?&q=Esperance&search_and_or=or

Here are some posts from a search here.

@Yowie can you help? 

Cannot help you Donna, I did not try much fishing near there. The wind was up most days.

To the south-west of Albany is a good salmon spot, but I did not get a hit when I tried there. It's a bit of distance from Esperance.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Brew said:

Cape Le Grand is nice. Camping is behind the beach but you could drive on the beach when I was there (2003). Pretty good fishing. There are a few camping spots there but we chose the beach one. 

People were evacuated from there a few days ago but agree it is normally very accessible