Port Stephens- Back to where it started!

Scratchie

G’day raiders, 

Well today was one of those special days. 
I got a text from the very first fishraider I ever took out fishing 8 year’s ago @Spearer1
Since that initial fish we haven’t caught up but have messaged each other etc on various platforms. 
Anyway, today we finally managed to get out after Adam messages me and said he was keen to get amongst some snapper. So today was a bit different as I worked early and we didn’t leave until midday. Conditions looked good but the curse of the full moon hung over our head. 
Well, we well and truly put pave to that myth. Every area we fish we hit up on a good fish. Might not have landed them all, ay Adam (dropped 2 screamers rookie error) but we just kept finding them with some real decent ones amongst the lot. 
It was just awesome to catch up with Adam again and we had as much fun today as we did the first time we met! 
I’m sure we’ll be back out there to do it again soon! Thanks again champion! 

cheers scratchie!!! 
A3F77571-CB97-49EB-B6BC-23F57802BDE0.thumb.jpeg.c842a9eb56c2bc577897cce240afe76d.jpegACD6ED59-D58B-431C-AC7C-4ADD32BFD94F.jpeg.8d0937607aa1ac1010695297bb6550c2.jpeg4437C4B3-DA1B-441D-9FAE-C539190FAB35.thumb.png.559724b9a2d6d79b1adc59bc7ad67d73.png

• Like 20

19 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

G’day raiders, 

Well today was one of those special days. 
I got a text from the very first fishraider I ever took out fishing 8 year’s ago @Spearer1
Since that initial fish we haven’t caught up but have messaged each other etc on various platforms. 
Anyway, today we finally managed to get out after Adam messages me and said he was keen to get amongst some snapper. So today was a bit different as I worked early and we didn’t leave until midday. Conditions looked good but the curse of the full moon hung over our head. 
Well, we well and truly put pave to that myth. Every area we fish we hit up on a good fish. Might not have landed them all, ay Adam (dropped 2 screamers rookie error) but we just kept finding them with some real decent ones amongst the lot. 
It was just awesome to catch up with Adam again and we had as much fun today as we did the first time we met! 
I’m sure we’ll be back out there to do it again soon! Thanks again champion! 

cheers scratchie!!! 
A3F77571-CB97-49EB-B6BC-23F57802BDE0.thumb.jpeg.c842a9eb56c2bc577897cce240afe76d.jpegACD6ED59-D58B-431C-AC7C-4ADD32BFD94F.jpeg.8d0937607aa1ac1010695297bb6550c2.jpeg4437C4B3-DA1B-441D-9FAE-C539190FAB35.thumb.png.559724b9a2d6d79b1adc59bc7ad67d73.png

Killed it Jeff some nice fish guys

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, hookerbruce said:

Good haul of fish as we expect of you. 

Nice to take someone different out and put them on the fish. You must get a few requests for info and maybe a trip as you nearly always seem to get good fish 

Bruce 

Thanks Bruce! 
To be honest, during my time with fishraider I have fished with over 200 members I estimate. Many of them I call mates now and some I just catch up when I can which is always a pleasure! This is a very special website! Embrace it! 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Spearer1 said:

Yeah mate, great to be out there on the water with you again. What a top arvo. 

The fishing only bettered by the company. 

Absolute pleasure Adam! 
It certainly beats 20 whiting in an hour! Haha 😂 

10 hours ago, Sillek70 said:

Great story Scratchie and great fish

Cheers mate!

2 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Nice work jeff   sounds like a great day

Cracking arvo Rick. 

1 hour ago, Time22 said:

Nice catch Scratchie,

Port Stephens might want to put a Closed Scratchie season on you. 😁Just to help others catch some. 

Thanks. Mate there’s plenty of people catching them. Especially the visiting fishraiders 👍

16 minutes ago, 61 crusher said:

Great report & bag of fish, like the photo of them all lined up & considering the moon curse the smoke must’ve got into there eyes & they didn’t realise it was you & Co 😂

Haha! A bit of cloud cover actually helped our cause! 

13 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

Great stuff, Jeff! I see a black marlin was caught a couple of days ago in 20m south of Broughton. 😉

Not on a plastic Baz lol 😝 

Yeah, just one of those freaky things. They are definitely not here in numbers yet. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Not on a plastic Baz lol 😝 

Yeah, just one of those freaky things. They are definitely not here in numbers yet. 

No. Live slimey, green water 18°. I’ll have a look when the tourists go home, fingers crossed.