Sea Devil 520

JonD

Has anyone owned one or had much to do with them. Considering a change again with the 520 or something like a cruisecraft outsider 5m. I had considered going bigger but that would mean changing the tow vehicle to handle reversing up our drive. 

Never heard of them but now that ive had a look at them man I like that 620 :whistling:😁

BUT yeh its almost double the dry tow weight!

Time to get yourself a 4X4 Jon 😉

I presume these are fibreglass??

I cant see the hull material anywhere on the specs? 

Edited by kingie chaser

My mate has one, been out in it hundreds of times, including out wide from Narooma, you get some funny looks coming in with a 71kg Yellowfin in a boat with a ski pole! He has a 175 on his, kind of gets up and goes....he has had it for years now, I think they are built by someone else these days, his has the ballast keel setup.

• Like 1

Not sure if CC made an Outsider in 5m. Unless it’s the Explorer your thinking of.

There was a Outsider 510 from the mid 90s era which I always felt was a great design. Not a huge boat but fantastic balance between cabin with proper V bunks & storage, reasonable fishing cockpit and realistic walk around deck (around the cabin sides).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, noelm said:

My mate has one, been out in it hundreds of times, including out wide from Narooma, you get some funny looks coming in with a 71kg Yellowfin in a boat with a ski pole! He has a 175 on his, kind of gets up and goes....he has had it for years now, I think they are built by someone else these days, his has the ballast keel setup.

Is that a 175 on the 520 ?

21 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Never heard of them but now that ive had a look at them man I like that 620 :whistling:😁

Yes they are a fibreglass deep v hull, deeper than the old 17 Haines but these have flooding keel sections which barcrusher boats also use. They were the first comercial vessels built for the abalone industry many years ago. 

21 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Yes a tray-back 4x4 would be great but loosing so much on selling my vehicle right now wouldn't be so good.

Yep, my mates is the old 17'? with a 175HP Mariner on it, very fast boat, it doesn't get much use these days sadly, but, it's very strongly made, and performs extremely well, I seem to remember it was sold, built or designed by Peter Williams the speed boat racer/skier from years ago, but I might be wrong about that, I think it was made in Ulladulla, I can ask him anything you want to know about it. There's also an Abb diver near me that I know has the bigger one, 20' maybe.

• Like 1