First fish of 2020

Ryder

Hi Raiders,

I planned a trip to Huntleys Pt to fish the runout tide, I was just speculating and wanted a bit of a sleep in. The plan changed last night when I got the call the fish were on at Rozelle. 

I arrived late, like something the cat dragged in to join the gang. There was Hawkesbass, Luderick Angler, McGoo, The Guru and the Bee Keeper, some of the best known characters  of the Sydney blackfish scene. Good natured banter and competition for the fish of the day kept things interesting while it was a bit of a slow start.

The boys had a few in the bag when I turned up, and after a bit of fiddling with depths I was into them too. They came on really came on towards the top of the tide. I added 4 to the bag and another throw back. There could have been more but I still struggle a little trying to cast distance on the Trudex. I got a couple of nice birds nests and finally had to cut line and re rig, by then the fish were gone.

We ended up with 17 in the bag, the Bee Keeper added one more after I took the photo. There were a few throwbacks, and fish of the day was The Gurus 43cm. We actually got some rain as well, let's hope it starts falling in the right places.

Cheersimage0.jpeg.3953628487c2aec0cf91cedfe02988ff.jpeg

• Like 4