Does anyone know of a good gardening forum?

Guest Guest123456789

What sort of gardening? veggies, trees, flowers, shrubs or a bit of everything? I did a search some time ago and joined up to a group kind of chat site with landscape plants being the main interest, but I am pretty sure there would be plenty of others.

Guest Guest123456789
1 hour ago, noelm said:

What sort of gardening? veggies, trees, flowers, shrubs or a bit of everything? I did a search some time ago and joined up to a group kind of chat site with landscape plants being the main interest, but I am pretty sure there would be plenty of others.

All sorts Noel. What the name of the site you use? Thanks mate.

Guest Guest123456789
2 hours ago, Rebel said:

2GB.

Cheers.

10 hours ago, Plethora said:

you better talk to Graham at 2GB - he thinks he knows everything (The Garden Clinic)

Thanks a lot I checked out the garden clinic site - really helpful.

Haven't been on for ages now, but I think it was "garden.com" or close to that, been a bit of a garden fan for decades now, not flowers, but nice easy care plants that look good in back yards, never plan on planting trees or palms again, ever, just dug out 5 huge Kentia palms, took hours with an excavator.

Great idea @flatheadluke - start a Show us your garden thread. Pretty sure every fisho has lots of different hobbies including gardens. 

I actually live with an excellent gardener and our garden is magnificent and the lawn looks like a bowling green. Not only is swordie a master angler he looks after our garden very well.

Do a search on gardening forums Australia via google and there are tons of gardening groups on facebook

Here are a few pics

Thanks Luke

06F6F5D2-7141-445A-8696-E26A05EF8EC4.jpeg09CF14B1-95A2-4D60-85B3-A2F46B179775.jpegBF2DAF83-4201-436C-987E-40EE08BDE06F.jpegDF6420DE-83B0-4857-AC81-0221347F8E66.jpeg

57C20578-73C3-4A9E-BBC9-3E0938CAF495.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gardening can be fun, and the results are spectacular, but, one word of warning, a neglected garden looks worse than no garden, so, unless it's going to be a hobby, and you're prepared to spend some time, don't start, just have grass and mow it! biggest tip, is do a little bit often, meaning, keep weeds away regularly, don't wait until it's a major task, before I gave up work, I made a point of pulling out 6 weeds (or more) every day before work, took about a minute, but, kept weeds out of my garden, and my yard was huge (1500 m2) with gardens like a resort. I just sadly removed my veggie garden because of a backyard remodel, veggies are fun and productive too, here is a photo of my remodel, just after I laid some turf, and cut half my pergola off, just a quick garden behind the pool, some turf, glass pool fence, a couple of days work for my wife and I after I dug out some huge Kentia palms, about half finished there.

1D073528-87BA-4186-8682-4085ED01C5C2.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, noelm said:

Tank water?

No we are on water restrictions.

7 hours ago, motiondave said:

@mrsswordfisherman

Nice garden . I'd like to know how it gets watered so well though.

Lots of time with watering cans in the timeframe allowed, it is very hard work indeed. Those pics were taken before restriction but strangely the present lawn is doing very well and we have had a few nights and odd times of very good soaking water.

Stewy mows every 2 days and goes to fish on other days. We just had kingfish for dinner actually!!!

He caught this beauty yesterday on a poorman's downrigger slow trolling with a live squid at Molineux Point

82532696_866373533783639_1198141256761344_n.jpg

• Like 2