Full moon Double hook up Jews & flathead released

jenno64

Delayed report from last Friday as a mate and I launched at the mouth of the Georges after collecting some poddies around 7am. With a full moon on the day a huge high of 1.86m had the poddies spread out everywhere but I finally gathered a good load. Headed up river on the last of the run in and had no customers around the bridge pylons but a little further up river I lost a poddy to a smash and grab raid. Shortly after my lighter outfit gets hit and a soapy around 60 comes up. Midway through the fight my heavier rods gets smashed and the rod holder flips the rod 180 degrees with the but pointing to the sky. By the time I released the first fish, this fish had taken a fair bit of line on a looser than normal drag. I turned the yak in its direction and started the chase, retrieving line and soon after up came a silver ghost which I slipped into the net. Not bad action in a 5 minute period!

The fish was caught in about 30 ft of water 45 minutes after the tide turn. I fossicked around some deeper holes then turned back down river as a strong northerly came up around 11am. Only a few hundred metres from the launch site, my lighter outfit goes off over a drop off and up comes a very healthy flatty which I lip gripped, took into shore and released after a few celebrity pics with the jew. Nice to get a jew over 80 and a flatty over 70 on the same outing;)

I've been chasing off the Port Macquarie beaches but have added a couple of videos from the day; - excuse the raw amateur quality and the length:)

IMG_6486 (2).JPG

IMG_6491 (2).JPG

GOPR4536 (3).JPG

Edited by jenno64
add another vid
  • Like 13