James  Clain

My Filming Gear

As a lot of you will know I like filming my fishing outings and uploading them to youtube. 

MY GEAR: Gopro hero 7 black edition with Chestmount, hat mount, head mount, sticky mounts, pole mount 

Canon 700d with stock lenses and 50mm to 200mm canon Lense. (Have not used this for filming youtube yet)

Had lots of trouble with Go Pros but there customer service team is also on point - Hero 5 black broke so contacted the team and explained the problem and was sent a brand new hero 7 black. After owning that and filming all my current youtube videos I noticed  2 small harline cracks in the screen rendering it not water proof. Contacted the gopro service team again and sent them photos. Sent mine in for replacement with a new gopro and also received a new headstrap and hat mount to offset postage costs.   

If you have problems with your gopro - Jb hifi will not help you which is where I bought my original one, they just said it was my fault for damage which it definitely was not since I take good care of my things . They then tried to sell me the latest gopro but after finding out that the Gopro service team was really helpful I found that information to be true. Hopefully this also helps those of you out there with Go pros that have minor malfunctions.       

got a link to ur videos on Youtube James? bn

56 minutes ago, big Neil said:

got a link to ur videos on Youtube James? bn

The link Should be on my FR profile but here it is just incase that does not work, I also encode my videos to youtube quality on Handbrake which usually reduces the file size to a quarter or less making it post fast.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCslDIkAOdx80kHPL8Lcr3TQ?

I have a GoPro Hero 5 and the first one leaked, JB Hifi said sorry and handed me a new one,  (It was the same day) after that it has been great, I just keep forgetting to take it with me and I should spend some time getting the mounts set up.

If you don't pick a GoPro what other action camera do you recommend?

Edited by jeffb5.8

2 hours ago, jeffb5.8 said:

I have a GoPro Hero 5 and the first one leaked, JB Hifi said sorry and handed me a new one,  (It was the same day) after that it has been great, I just keep forgetting to take it with me and I should spend some time getting the mounts set up.

If you don't pick a GoPro what other action camera do you recommend?

I have heard that the Sony action camera is quite good. You can also use certain chestmounts to mount the newer iPhones. 

14 hours ago, James Clain said:

The link Should be on my FR profile but here it is just incase that does not work, I also encode my videos to youtube quality on Handbrake which usually reduces the file size to a quarter or less making it post fast.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCslDIkAOdx80kHPL8Lcr3TQ?

Thanks for the info James. Much appreciated. Cheers, bn

• Like 1