After Rain Fishing

marks1984

Dams will rise and fish will feed in the shallows chasing food that is  covered by water   rivers will definetly  become very dirty as we have so much dirt ash laying round that will wash into waterways  this will shut down some of the fish till it clears    you may find spots where dirty meets clear and that can fire with food n baitfish flushing out     same where dirty fresh meets clean salt

Edited by rickmarlin62
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, marks1984 said:

thanks all the dam that is close to me there is only carp and turtles that I know of (which I really don't want to catch any turtles)

No fun to be had catching turtles that's for sure. Carp (on the other hand) can be great fun on lightish gear. Cheers, bn

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've seen them do this in the shallows up against a bank on the Lachlan river below Wyangala. There was a school of several hundred fish, The water was flowing at the time and no algae blooms so plenty of oxygen.  Also saw them in the pond at Rosehill races doing the same. It appeared to me it was to do with spawning.  Gulping the oxygen is similar to  some people recovering with a cigarette afterwards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2020 at 12:34 PM, marks1984 said:

so is it a good time to fish when they are doin it?? or not??

I'm with rickmarlin62 in that I have seen this when the water has been almost stagnant and the Carp were gulping for air. I doubt whether they would be overly interested in anything but surviving in these circumstances, so probably not great fishing for them. bn

• Like 1