Fuel prices

frankS

Hi all, might be doing a rush trip over to Perth with a mate to take some stuff over for another friend, will be towing a box trailer loaded with mobility vehicle and other stuff and will have the station wagon loaded, so will probably be carrying a bit of a load. I want to try and work out a rough budget to see IF it is worth while doing OR just freight the stuff over. Cheapest I can find so far just for the mobility scooter is $1600 , 2 x small dogs have to go and air price for each is $800 odd. $500 for seated passenger, so with quiet a bit of other stuff is going to work out expensive. I have calculated I would use approx. 1000 ltrs give or take a 100 or so either way. Has anybody been over lately and could tell me approx. price per ltr for unleaded petrol ? through the Nullarbor etc. I have guessed about average $1.85 per ltr.

I need to work out a estimate to charge, so she can work out if it's cheaper for me to do it OR just freight it over.

Update. Dogs flying over as the 4 day journey would be too stressful for them ( apparently ) .

Frank

Neil. I am waiting on just one more quote to transport the stuff and I think it will be sent by freight rather than have me drive it over. Gonna cost around $1800 just in fuel for me to go over there and back, then there's at least a couple of nights accommodation , I don't mind having a kipp in the car but not for 3 nights each way. It's a bloody long drive and I ain't getting any younger. While I would like to do it, the more I think about it the harder it's getting.

If by chance I do do the trip I will surely drop in and see you, will have a mate with me each way so won't be doing all the driving by myself.

Frank

• Like 1