Pickles

Rod storage - Racking

After 38 years of leaning my rods up against the wall, I finally got around to building a storage rack for (most) of them.

its a bit sad (my wife thinks obsessive) but there are 27 rods and reels not on the storage wall (68 in total).

Am I “sick”, obsessed or just a keen fish

81CA1FD0-CA58-495B-A10C-C49662E979F0.jpeg

• Like 5

You haven't allowed room for more 🤨

Just as well sheds have 4 walls 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kingie chaser said:

Just as well sheds have 4 walls 🤣

Don't forget the roof. I had a mate that built a rod rack over his bed. Much better view than the mirror shown in some of those B-grade movies.

In answer to the original posters question - not sick just keen. Each of those rods should elicit some great memories. Most were bought for a specific purpose (you don't play golf with just one club) and if you have the space why throw a properly functioning rod and reel out just because you use them less often.

Edited by DerekD
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, DerekD said:

Don't forget the roof. I had a mate that built a rod rack over his bed. Much better view than the mirror shown in some of those B-grade movies.

In answer to the original posters question - not sick just keen. Each of those rods should elicit some great memories. Most were bought for a specific purpose (you don't play golf with just one club) and if you have the space why throw a properly functioning rod and reel out just because you use them less often.

Amen Derek!

all of the above i reckon

Definitely beats mine, you were right about that 😂