Shimano Zodius Rod

Yes

Hi all,

I had a little accident this afternoon on the way home from the boat ramp - I had my Zodius 270UL tip out the passenger window of my ute and my wife called; instinctively I powered up the windows and heard a nice little crunch. The very tip severed clean off - and it also snapped at the second guide (so missing a tip and cracked at second guide). I take trying to repair it is futile? Even by Shimano? 

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can purchase just the blank, not the additional handle piece that comes with the rod? Trying to keep my $250 mistake to a minimum! 

Thanks!

Im sure can buy half the rod off shimano. New zodias is/will be out in japan. Maybe another 5years to hit aus if even at all. 

my sephias bb rod was released in japan in ‘14 which i bought from japan. Shimano aus only released it last year

Thanks for the replies! 

I'll have to get in touch with my tackle store today... 

I didn't realise that we had such a delay with gear here in Aus. I thought they'd want to roll products out world wide. It's not like Australia is a small market in terms of fishing (relatively speaking). 

7 hours ago, Seafarer5 said:

New zodias is on shimano website saying it will be released this year

Nice. just checked it out.

8 hours ago, Yes said:

I didn't realise that we had such a delay with gear here in Aus. I thought they'd want to roll products out world wide. It's not like Australia is a small market in terms of fishing (relatively speaking). 

We get trickles of what is out there globally