Babystepz

Hey, I'm about to take a trip down to Jervis bay in a few weeks I was wondering if anybody knows any good wharf, jetty , or easy accesible cliffs to fish at. Gonna be there for a week is there anything I should know? I have research Murray beach boat wharf and husskison wharf any idea if there any good? Looking to fish for squids, kingys, jewies or anything of decent size there. 

You can try for squid around Plantation Point at Vincentia and Murrays Beach ramp. The odd jew gets caught from the rock wall at the mouth of Currambene Creek at Huskisson.

There's some pretty good rock fishing out around Stoney Creek in the National Park, but most spots don't cope with a lot of swell, so pick your days carefully. Also many ledges out that way require you to wear cleats.

At this time of year you can also have a throw off the JB beaches for a small bronzie or two with a pilly if you want to put a decent bend in a rod.

• Thanks 1

Summer fishing in Jervis Bay can be very rewarding, lots of beaches have Whiting, Squid are pretty easy to get over any of the weed beds off most of the beaches, Flathead are in reasonable numbers, and of course there is plenty of places for more adventurous fishing too, but, like everywhere, places you can drive right to tend to get heavily fished.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Green Hornet said:

You can try for squid around Plantation Point at Vincentia and Murrays Beach ramp. The odd jew gets caught from the rock wall at the mouth of Currambene Creek at Huskisson.

There's some pretty good rock fishing out around Stoney Creek in the National Park, but most spots don't cope with a lot of swell, so pick your days carefully. Also many ledges out that way require you to wear cleats.

At this time of year you can also have a throw off the JB beaches for a small bronzie or two with a pilly if you want to put a decent bend in a rod.

Thanks mate, btw are you talking about the little breakwall right next to husskison wharf?