Hey guys, heading down to manly and just asking about fishing spots around there? Do the rocks at manly cove produce good stuff.Squid? Flathead? Or is it worth flicking SP’s at the manly cove beach? Open to all info because I’m a bit new to this area. Ps , (I will have 2 outfits with me, a light Pelagic rod (8kg rod, 15lb braid 30lb leader and I will also have a lighter rod (2-4kg 8lb braid 12lb leader) I’m mainly looking for squid and flathead, but also wouldn’t mind having a crack at those kings or really anything that bites and fights 😀

Thanks 

Will

Edited by Will Wright

5 minutes ago, Will Wright said:

Hey guys, heading down to manly and just asking about fishing spots around there? Do the rocks at manly cove produce good stuff.Squid? Flathead? Or is it worth flicking SP’s at the manly cove beach? Open to all info because I’m a bit new to this area. Ps , (I will have 2 outfits with me, a light Pelagic rod (8kg rod, 15lb braid 30lb leader and I will also have a lighter rod (2-4kg 8lb braid 12lb leader) I’m mainly looking for squid and flathead, but also wouldn’t mind having a crack at those kings or really anything that bites and fights 😀

Thanks 

Will

Manly point is good. Should be a few Yakkas if your burley up. They you can throw one out live just be ready to play him if you hookup. Since your on 15lb it will give you scrap in the rocks there so just go easy

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rob81 said:

Hi Will, just be wary about the rules around the Manly area. You mentioned squid and there is a part around Manly where they are protected.

Here is the map:

image.thumb.png.ec592131e8a1de849350b6dedcadd4dc.png

image.png.22f0a6270cce10f5027561594faa8a51.png

Thanks for the heads up! I won’t be fishing on the little manly cove side, just the manly cove/fairlight rocks area.

• Like 1