Top-ender - Renegade Hull

garfield28

Looking at the Quintrex website, it says that both the Topender and the Renegade have the Blade hull. The specs say that the Renegade has 3mm alloy bottom sides and the Topender has 4mm. Topsides both 3mm. It looks like the Renegade has a slightly wider beam. Hull lengths vary between the two ranges, though, so it’s hard to draw a direct comparison. Have a look at the website and see what specs and layout you prefer, I guess. I always thought of the Topender as more of a bass/Barra boat but now I’m not so sure. It looks like the Topenders have scuppers and can handle a bigger motor than a similar sized Renegade. I’d place the Renegade in a similar category to my Stacer Outlaw and I’m happy with the Outlaw for what I do. Hope this helps!

Edited by Berleyguts
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, garfield28 said:

Cheers Baz. 

I have the 2 to choose from at present so not sure if the specs change but the Top-Ender I'm looking at is a 2015 model and the Renegade is a 2019 model. 

I guess it all comes down to what you want to do with it, specs and layout. I know I’d feel more comfortable with a 2019 motor over a 2015.

• Like 1

Cheers Baz.

Yeah I'm thinking the new outboard is good and it comes with some warranty too, but think I might go the bigger of the 2 boats which is the Top-Ender. Along with the bit of extra length I'll get some items I'd otherwise have to buy like VHF radio, sounder, Bimini, ladder, some life jackets etc. I'll still have to add a bit like a UHF radio, an electric motor, steep system to mention a few. 

• Like 1