Hawkesbury is alive with fish after the rain

Day's Fishin

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, motiondave said:

I wonder how it is with the current wash of rainfall through though, Im tempted to have a look on the weekend, but I suspect it will be plenty murky, maybe down towards lion island might be ok, however, I usually fish upstream, at least past the railway and road bridges towards and or around Milson Island

man loin island will be dirty brown water as well we need a few very big king tides to wash it all away, I would think at least 1 month

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/11/2020 at 7:56 AM, motiondave said:

I wonder how it is with the current wash of rainfall through though, Im tempted to have a look on the weekend, but I suspect it will be plenty murky, maybe down towards lion island might be ok, however, I usually fish upstream, at least past the railway and road bridges towards and or around Milson Island

Hi Dave

Ater heavy rain where the river gets a lot of debris washed in I drift along Milson island shallows and more often than not get a bag of good size flatties. The island seems to filter the water on the run out tide.

Jeff

On 2/11/2020 at 12:40 PM, marks1984 said:

man loin island will be dirty brown water as well we need a few very big king tides to wash it all away, I would think at least 1 month

Still getting lots of heavy rain which has washed the prawns out. The Colo had a huge amount of water come down it which would have stuffed the bass habitats up. I was working on a property that fronts onto the Colo a couple of days ago and seen a huge sand beach that was not there before. 

Guess we will have to find where the bass set up there bases all over again, t's good fun anyway makes you work harder to find these great scrapers!