Sydney Rock Kingfish

Hey guys I’m just wondering if anyone knows of a relatively ‘safe’ way to access the manly rocks near blue fish point. I’ve seen videos of people climbing down a long chain but this seems pretty dangerous. If not, any other rock fishing spots for kingfish would be greatly appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...

Lots of people die around there! Just go somewhere else in my opinion. I have sussed it out and it's really sketchy not to mention those occasional very large swells that can come up every now an then.

The same species on those rocks can be encountered in many other spots around the harbour that have little to no danger.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, James Clain said:

Lots of people die around there! Just go somewhere else in my opinion. I have sussed it out and it's really sketchy not to mention those occasional very large swells that can come up every now an then.

The same species on those rocks can be encountered in many other spots around the harbour that have little to no danger.

Have to agree good advice

• Like 2

On 3/6/2020 at 5:51 PM, Rebel said:

There are heaps of places on the Northern Beaches to go rock fishing. Find a Native who knows the drill.

👍 + one, an experienced rock fisher can be & is a life saver for a newbie to rock fishing as well as getting a fish or two

Edited by 61 crusher

I learnt at Ben Buckler as a Teenager. Veterans on this Forum will tell you about the Ben.  You have to start somwhere if you want to go Rock Fishing.

There is a guy who fishes DY and Freshwater rocks. You can't miss him. He is the guy with the Alvey rod. He knows the Northern Beache's backwards.

Cheers.