BLue Mountains and Central Tablelands Reports?

Saladboi

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone has been trout fishing recently and has any reports on any Blue Mountains rivers or nearby? Or if anyone could provide thoughts on if any of those rivers would be fishing better now after the rain? 

I hiked into Jenolan river in October and it was low but got some great trout, see below. Keen for another adventure if anyone has any tips of good spots to try it would be much appreciated!

cheers 

33E44CF8-BC7A-409B-AE8D-24A76F84AACF.jpeg

Thompson’s creek dam has been fishing ok, fish are really deep, 20m plus, which you can access on the SW corner of the dam. Fished 3 weeks ago with plastics on 1/16 jig heads, gulp 2” in black. 2 solid rainbows in 9 casts on the drop. Wind is a big issue but on a clear day you can fish the whole dam. Sorry for the rough photos but taken by a 7 year old haha. Kept the larger of the two, was full of tiny shrimp (max 20mm) and heaps of tiny snails

• Like 1

That’s a great looking buck rainbow for such skinny water I can’t help you re small rivers but I have caught them at the base of warragamba after over flow in a boat trolling lures, another place that can produce good trout is lake lyal at Lithgow, it’s quite a good body of water with the coxs river & north west arm running into it with plenty of shoreline & bays to explore

There are other creeks & dams around the Lithgow region. Try googling Lithgow or blue mountains trout fishing 

Visited an old mate ( dying of cancer ) who I haven't seen for many years at Trunkey creek last week and he was telling me that the fish are holding up in Grove Creek, with a bit of rain in the area last few days they may be moving ground so any of the local creeks could be firing at the moment.

Frank

• Like 2