Hey,

I need some help on setting up three overhead combos without breaking the bank. 

What would you recommend in terms of a level wind or lever drag?

Combo:

Reel:  TYRNOS 2 SPEED 50LRS

Rod: Shimano Backbone FR 37kg

Reel: PENN® FATHOM® II LEVEL WIND 50lrs

Rod : Penn Ocea Assassin 37kg FR

Any other recommendations??

Targeting Marlin, Sailfish, GT , Mackerel 

Hi,

Have a look at Dinga Fishing,he usually has overhead combos at a good price.

Dinga is one of Fishraider's sponsors. Mention Fishraider and you get an extra 5% off the price.

Freight free Austalia wide.

Cheers.

Are you fishing 80lb (37kg) or 50lb (24kg) line class.? I fish 30lb (15kg) on a Tyrnos 30 and 20lb (10kg) on a Tyrnos 20. I could fish heavier on them but I like the extra line capacity from fishing lighter, especially as I mostly fish solo and it might take time to get the other lines in and get the motor started to chase a fish. I actually don’t think I could fish 80 standing up - reckon I’d get pulled in! I could maybe manage 50. BTW - I fish mono on my trolling outfits, in IGFA line classes. Anyway, I’m happy with my two Tyrnos reels.

Edited by Berleyguts

1 hour ago, Malik_Syd said:

Hey thanks for your reply. I will be fishing min 80lb braid And a wire leader on a Tyrnos 50. I travel with my setup and need a solid combo to target sailfish, wahoo and Marlin. 

OK then. With braid, you shouldn’t have a line capacity issue. I’m sure the Tyrnos will serve you well.