Mercury 4 stroke

garfield28

Hi all, 

Just wondering if any of you members have a new Mercury 75HP 4 stroke, and if so give some feedback on them please. I am close to purchasing a new boat and it has a Merc 4 stroke so would just like to know how they perform and what they are like with fuel economy etc. It would be pushing a 484 Alloy Side Console. 

Any feedback would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Geoff 

I've got a 2017 80hp and on a trip to Jervis Bay we went 130k's and used 33 litres of fuel if that helps.

2 hours ago, browncrab said:

Some of my mates had the exhaust burn through the manifold and did a fair bit of damage just after warranty ran out.

Should have still been covered by warranty under the reasonable durability provisions of the Australian Consumer Law.

I have a 2015 model Mercury 90hp and its been great. They use the same block from the 75hp up to the 115hp. Its a 2.1L so it has a lot of torque. Mines done about 350 hours and its never missed a beat. They weigh 163kgs. so not the lightest motors but more displacement than other motors in the same HP categories...

i have a merc 4stroke and love it .all new outboards are very reliable these days .the most important thing is the rigging is done to spec ie fuel lines filters tank correct motor correct height propped right etc cheers dunc333