Recommended Posts

Happens all too often unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

some people do that as they reverse down the ramp and hit the brakes, hoping the boat slides off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Think he took everything off   hahaha

Yet again !!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, motiondave said:

some people do that as they reverse down the ramp and hit the brakes, hoping the boat slides off

I have to do that as the heavy hull flattens the rollers (and I have 23 of them from memory)... BUT, I reverse down until the stern is kissing the water - then disconnect everything - and its really only the last meter of travel that gets the brakes treatment. 

But even so ... I do worry about slimy boat ramps and skidding the cruiser into the drink. 4WD has looked after me so far.

Cheers Zoran

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

I have to do that as the heavy hull flattens the rollers (and I have 23 of them from memory)... BUT, I reverse down until the stern is kissing the water - then disconnect everything - and its really only the last meter of travel that gets the brakes treatment. 

But even so ... I do worry about slimy boat ramps and skidding the cruiser into the drink. 4WD has looked after me so far.

Cheers Zoran

Go to carpeted bunks and a ladder roller up the centre. Life is sweet then

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi all...rick,I seen a boat on the road yesterday up from little beach ramp at the intersection of shoal bay road.my mate seems to think the winch post broke off.

Edited by back cruncher
More info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, motiondave said:

some people do that as they reverse down the ramp and hit the brakes, hoping the boat slides off

On skids yes. But not on rollers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont see anything wrong with that pic.....

 

clearly the bloke anchored on a spring tide and as the water receded he came back to find it on the ramp, ready to be picked up.

:18:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2020 at 11:40 AM, back cruncher said:

Hi all...rick,I seen a boat on the road yesterday up from little beach ramp at the intersection of shoal bay road.my mate seems to think the winch post broke off.

Winch post looks fine in the pic.  Even the winch rope is still connected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Fishop said:

Winch post looks fine in the pic.  Even the winch rope is still connected.

Above post is re different boat scenario.    (back cruncher’s)

Edited by 61 crusher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn!

 

looks like a Quintrex 475 bay ranger caprice...lucky the keel is protected by a solid ally I bar.....

 

I have the same boat..it would survive :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Swivelfish said:

 

I have the same boat..it would survive :)

ITs getting it back on the trailer or even enough on the trailer to prevent more damage. Time to call all your mates and get them round to help lift and push, while reversing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      65,757
    • Total Posts
      529,105