Whoops

rickmarlin62

23 minutes ago, motiondave said:

some people do that as they reverse down the ramp and hit the brakes, hoping the boat slides off

I have to do that as the heavy hull flattens the rollers (and I have 23 of them from memory)... BUT, I reverse down until the stern is kissing the water - then disconnect everything - and its really only the last meter of travel that gets the brakes treatment. 

But even so ... I do worry about slimy boat ramps and skidding the cruiser into the drink. 4WD has looked after me so far.

Cheers Zoran

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

I have to do that as the heavy hull flattens the rollers (and I have 23 of them from memory)... BUT, I reverse down until the stern is kissing the water - then disconnect everything - and its really only the last meter of travel that gets the brakes treatment. 

But even so ... I do worry about slimy boat ramps and skidding the cruiser into the drink. 4WD has looked after me so far.

Cheers Zoran

Go to carpeted bunks and a ladder roller up the centre. Life is sweet then

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 11:40 AM, back cruncher said:

Hi all...rick,I seen a boat on the road yesterday up from little beach ramp at the intersection of shoal bay road.my mate seems to think the winch post broke off.

Winch post looks fine in the pic.  Even the winch rope is still connected.

12 hours ago, Swivelfish said:

I have the same boat..it would survive :)

ITs getting it back on the trailer or even enough on the trailer to prevent more damage. Time to call all your mates and get them round to help lift and push, while reversing.

• Like 1