Yummy Gummy

kingie chaser

Hi Raiders, cooked up a piece of the gummy last night & not knowing what to expect I have to say I was pleasantly surprised how nice it was.

So as I have said in some of my other cooking threads anyone can do crumbed or battered fish & chips(not that there is anything wrong with that!) I like to put in a bit of effort to try & create a memorable dish.

So after getting home from work I did do a couple of hours of prep for this dish(that's that you pay for when you go to a restaurant!) & ended up doing a dish with some Asian/Japanese influences.

So wont do the whole recipe thing but this is what the dish was-

Pan seared gummy shark, cauliflower puree, star anise & schezuan pepper pickled cauliflower & shimeji mushrooms, sautéed mini king oyster mushrooms, crispy fried enoki mushrooms & a creamy miso dashi sauce with a little shallot, coriander & julienne carrot salad garnish.

The fish wasn't as flaky as I thought it would be but still had a nice clean flavour & good texture on its own.

I have frozen the rest of the catch & will do it a few different ways in the coming weeks.

Bon appetite 😁

Gummy.jpg

• Like 9

51 minutes ago, frankS said:

Except for the mushrooms that sounds delicious . Gummy is one of my favorite eating fish and I keep the cooking part simple as I prefer to taste the fish rather than all the added stuff.

Frank

Sure I hear what your saying frank but sometimes life doesn't have to be the same every day right?

That would be like saying you want have mint jelly or gravy with your sunday roast lamb...…....…………..sacrilege 😊

Whats the old saying, variety is the spice of life.

Each to their own mate 😉

Edited by kingie chaser

29 minutes ago, Plethora said:

When does the restaurant open ???

This is what I do for a living.

The food at work is much more elaborate than this, gels, powders, tapioca crisp, sea blight, karkalla etc.

I call this refined home cooking.

Edited by kingie chaser

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...