Honda bf 150 operating temperature

Smobaby

Have a Honda bf150 connected to Garmin gmi 10 gauges through NMEA 2000. Temperature readings 65/75 degrees Celsius at idle and up to 99 degrees at wot does anyone else have similar setup and what readings are you getting. Is this normal can’t seem to find much information reguarding this.

Have not tried dealers yet manual contains nothing on this internet is very vague nothing 100%. Problem is there are 4 temp senders for the engine 2 at thermostats 1 at exhaust manifold 1 on the block no one can tell  me which sender the NMEA reads the temperature from even Garmin there gauges only read information supplied by the computer through NMEA cable. Just hoping someone else has a similar set up and could compare readings. Only thing an an American site was 60 degrees to 116 degrees apparently through a service bulletin from Honda 

• 2 weeks later...

That doesn't seem overly hot for a motor from memory plus if the temp was to high you would get warnings through the forward control module so i wouldn't be hugely concerned, cant help you on what temps you should be getting though, i imagine the temp you would be getting would be off the block.

Thanks for that have since seen local Honda dealer spoke to the technician whom informed me that the temp should be around 60-70 at the thermostat. Done a service on the motor and ran it on muffs for a while motor temp on gauge got up to around the 78 degrees checked with a heat gun at the thermostats and was 60 degrees at cylinder head 70 degrees at the block which is within specifications. Then checked the block and oil circuits and readings were comparable with the Garmin gauges which confirms that the readings are oil temperature which is within normal specifications. Need a water test at WOT with the heat gun to confirm. Hopefully boat ramps will be open still ?