Fab1

Check under floor

Recommended Posts

Pulled my floor up on my boat for a clean to find my spare key under there.How long it's been there is anyones guess.(I lift/clean yearly roughly).Found a pea size ball sinker too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bet you didn’t know you lost it. Luckily you do this seasonally possibly saved you major corrosion problems can be costly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup ... somethings just need to be done on a schedule ... glad you found those lost bits Fab !

Cheers Zoran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You always find something. Last time i found a metal reel component,  an 8Oz sinker, size 7 ball sinker and a couple of small hooks. No damage done to the hull but the tackle was well rusted. 

I am careful with tackle its passengers who aren’t so careful. Always amazes me how people can damage/lose your stuff and not have the courtesy to own up and tell you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Smobaby said:

Bet you didn’t know you lost it. Luckily you do this seasonally possibly saved you major corrosion problems can be costly.

My key lives in the ignition permanently mate and i didn't know.Don't know how the spare got there .

22 minutes ago, flatheadluke said:

You always find something. Last time i found a metal reel component,  an 8Oz sinker, size 7 ball sinker and a couple of small hooks. No damage done to the hull but the tackle was well rusted. 

I am careful with tackle its passengers who aren’t so careful. Always amazes me how people can damage/lose your stuff and not have the courtesy to own up and tell you.

That's humans for you mate.I stopped lending Tools/gear out decades ago due to that very point you make.They break them or lose them and it's sorry then you're left footing the bill to replace them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I lift floor and clean out once a year or straight away if I suspect something has gone down there. I also have a rule I never have coins in pocket as they can be worse than stinkers.  Ron 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, campr said:

I lift floor and clean out once a year or straight away if I suspect something has gone down there. I also have a rule I never have coins in pocket as they can be worse than stinkers.  Ron 

I don't need to worry about money falling down under the floor mate.My mrs takes all mine.Yes, even coins.😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      65,757
    • Total Posts
      529,107