Check under floor

Fab1

Pulled my floor up on my boat for a clean to find my spare key under there.How long it's been there is anyones guess.(I lift/clean yearly roughly).Found a pea size ball sinker too.

• Like 1

Guest Guest123456789

You always find something. Last time i found a metal reel component,  an 8Oz sinker, size 7 ball sinker and a couple of small hooks. No damage done to the hull but the tackle was well rusted. 

I am careful with tackle its passengers who aren’t so careful. Always amazes me how people can damage/lose your stuff and not have the courtesy to own up and tell you.

19 hours ago, Smobaby said:

Bet you didn’t know you lost it. Luckily you do this seasonally possibly saved you major corrosion problems can be costly.

My key lives in the ignition permanently mate and i didn't know.Don't know how the spare got there .

22 minutes ago, flatheadluke said:

You always find something. Last time i found a metal reel component,  an 8Oz sinker, size 7 ball sinker and a couple of small hooks. No damage done to the hull but the tackle was well rusted. 

I am careful with tackle its passengers who aren’t so careful. Always amazes me how people can damage/lose your stuff and not have the courtesy to own up and tell you.

That's humans for you mate.I stopped lending Tools/gear out decades ago due to that very point you make.They break them or lose them and it's sorry then you're left footing the bill to replace them.

I lift floor and clean out once a year or straight away if I suspect something has gone down there. I also have a rule I never have coins in pocket as they can be worse than stinkers.  Ron 

1 hour ago, campr said:

I lift floor and clean out once a year or straight away if I suspect something has gone down there. I also have a rule I never have coins in pocket as they can be worse than stinkers.  Ron 

I don't need to worry about money falling down under the floor mate.My mrs takes all mine.Yes, even coins.😂

• Haha 1