Trailer Boat Fishing Tournament cancelled - email

mrsswordfisherman

Apologies if you have already received this but we had a high number of bounce backs and it is important that everyone receives the sad news.

Cheers,

Tony.

Hi All,

I wish I could make light of the coronavirus situation by making a joke of needing to postpone the 2020 Club Marine Trailer Boat Fishing Tournament because of a shortage of toilet paper in Port Stephens but unfortunately we need to be serious and move to help protect the health of competitors and volunteers and follow Government guidelines regarding organized events.

We apologise for any inconvenience to competitors, sponsors and the community groups such as the PCYC, Marine Rescue, Shoal Bay Fishing Club and others that we help raise funds for each year. This decision also has a financial flow on effect to local businesses and our many suppliers. But, as you can understand, nobody knows where this virus is heading and we need to protect our families, friends, and our community given its highly contagious nature.

Please note that at this stage, the TBFT is being postponed and not cancelled. Hopefully this will be a short lived event and I’ll be able to contact you soon with some great news about a new date and additional new sponsors.

Please also note that we are not advising people not to visit that most beautiful place, Port Stephens. The fish are still biting and the sun is still shining (well maybe not today but most days).

Tight Lines.

Tony.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1