Gday all,

need a bit of help, been fishing for bass for only a little bit now been using poppers, spinnerbaits, cicada's and shallow divers lures the thing is I fish at night in a dam were bass are and I can only catch them on the shallow divers that's it. I know people have a lot of success with spinner baits I work them in different depths and different speeds still nothing.

any help would be awesome.

There’s a couple of recent reports regarding night time bass fishing that have some good info, have a look at @JahmonW & @Ragnar re there threads 

• Like 1

The trick with surface lures is patience. Fish them as slow as possible and then when you think you’re fishing too slow, fish slower.

Cast out, wait for the rings to disappear from around your lure, then twitch only enough to create more rings. Stop again and wait, then repeat. 

You’ll get them, just a matter of being patient.

As for spinnerbaits, you’re on your own there, I’ve never been able to get a fish on one lol. Apparently they are very affective, but I just don’t have faith in them, and I reckon if you don’t have faith in the lure you’re using, you’ll never have success.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lastworm said:

The trick with surface lures is patience. Fish them as slow as possible and then when you think you’re fishing too slow, fish slower.

Cast out, wait for the rings to disappear from around your lure, then twitch only enough to create more rings. Stop again and wait, then repeat. 

You’ll get them, just a matter of being patient.

As for spinnerbaits, you’re on your own there, I’ve never been able to get a fish on one lol. Apparently they are very affective, but I just don’t have faith in them, and I reckon if you don’t have faith in the lure you’re using, you’ll never have success.

Thanks man yeah I have tried the go super slow method still big fat zero I am talking like at least 10 outings than I put on a shallow diver with in 20 casts bang lol I am on

Divers are probably matching what they're eating, as the weather cools they'll be less likely to hit surface 

I've never had success with skirted spinnerbaits for bass but attaching a jigspinner to a grub style plastic doesn't fail me very often

• Like 1

6 hours ago, marks1984 said:

Gday all,

need a bit of help, been fishing for bass for only a little bit now been using poppers, spinnerbaits, cicada's and shallow divers lures the thing is I fish at night in a dam were bass are and I can only catch them on the shallow divers that's it. I know people have a lot of success with spinner baits I work them in different depths and different speeds still nothing.

any help would be awesome.

Hey mate, where abouts are you located? If you’re in Sydney maybe we can meet up for a night time session.?!