FDD (Fishing Deprivation Disorder)

Pickles

Hi Raiders, I’m usually out 2 or 3 times a week, mostly chasing Kingies. But keeping the boat in the shed till this Corona ( or has it mutates to Camry or Corolla yet) thing is over. I’ve cancelled my yearly fortnight to South West Rocks chasing kings, Jews and spotties (posted a pic from last year, so not current.

Been practice casting in my dam (blessed to have 30 acres in the Hawkesbury) and planting out my veggie garden, but REALLY, REALLY missing being out on the water. Being a Gundungurra man, this is my country and my heritage, but trying to be responsive and responsible.

It’ll give the Kingies a chance to put on a few more cm.

A5583547-7A05-4DD7-812A-86255F2442F8.jpeg

5943E62E-FE71-4D9D-91BF-E39FB8BF435E.jpeg

C63E5DED-38B6-45F0-8C1A-8D4C952C2A9B.jpeg

• Like 10

I feel for you Pickles.

Just had cancelled a week up the coast myself, landlord cancelled the booking and the boss cancelled my leave.

I’m lucky I’m still able to go out to work, my wife is working from home whilst tidying up the house. Now I have a “To Do” box. Bless her.image.thumb.jpg.ac6096c180be9d1862e8b623db7be7eb.jpg

10 hours ago, Ryder said:

I feel for you Pickles.

Just had cancelled a week up the coast myself, landlord cancelled the booking and the boss cancelled my leave.

I’m lucky I’m still able to go out to work, my wife is working from home whilst tidying up the house. Now I have a “To Do” box. Bless her.image.thumb.jpg.ac6096c180be9d1862e8b623db7be7eb.jpg

Hopefully it won't be too long before we can all get back to what you enjoy doing Andrew...in the meantime the chores you do should bring harmony into the household. Keep safe mate. bn

• Like 1

Hey Pickles. I just Googled FDD and believe that I have it too. I have all the symptoms:

Continuous looking out the window to see what the weathers doing. 

Regular visits to the garage to play with my tackle.

Constant checking the boat has fuel in it.

Extended periods of practice casting.

Unpacking, then repacking the lure boxes in anticipation of some decent rain to fill the dams and rivers.

Like yourself and Ryder I find it hard to concentrate on the jobs which need doing. I do hope that we all pull through these difficult times and get back to what gives us the most pleasure in life. Cheers from Wiradjuri country. bn

• Like 4

Hey Raiders, when this is over, let’s have a big “Fish in” and BBQ, no competition, just a fun day out. We shouldn’t loose any hookups as all knots, tackle, rigs and gear should be in tip top condition and fully maintained.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Pickles said:

Hey Raiders, when this is over, let’s have a big “Fish in” and BBQ, no competition, just a fun day out. We shouldn’t loose any hookups as all knots, tackle, rigs and gear should be in tip top condition and fully maintained.

Awesome idea should get majority of people to a central location between syd and the coast, big park near the water with bbqs, bring a rod and snags

Make it a Fishraider social, when we are allowed big groups ofcourse....