Northern Beaches (Pittwatter) 1/03/2020

joking fish

Hi Raiders, been a while since I posted so here goes. I went to the northern beaches for a fish in my usual spot. I arrived around 2 pm in the afternoon. It had been raining all day but by the time I started fishing the sun came out and there was no wind to spe

ak of. I was fishing with heavy gear 8 kg braid and a 13.5 kg mono leader in case there were any kings around. I was using whole pilchards on gang hooks for bait. The King Fish didn’t show but I landed 3 nice 

Bream between 28-35 cm. I also caught a healthy size male Blue Swimmer crab that chomped on my shoe narrowly missing my toe as I was trying to untangle it from my net.

It’s been a while since I have been out but it was well worth the effort. With the state of the world at the moment the fishing session was a good remedy for the social isolation I have been enduring.

image.thumb.jpeg.88f393023c9c2f463a19d62e165ac232.jpeg

Edited by joking fish
Photo upload difficulty
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Im surprised you caught those bream on such heavy gear, unless you are talking about LB vs KG?

I have to be prepared at that spot I have hooked and lost some big fish on light gear. As a general rule I fish heavy when the water is warm and light when the water is cold.