Bate Bay

thaichilli

Hi Raiders, 

Ventured  out to Bate bay for prospecting new grounds on north side close to Merries reef as weather was very kind on Sunday.

Wife asked for kingfish for Ceviche so the plan was to get livies - no luck at Oak Park so I have tried to locate some of the bait schools which were earlier near Wanda beach - no luck there either. First flattie came up on home made flasher with fish strip.

Off to Merries reef and picked up a bonnie and nice taylor on Halco Lazer pro in gold and Pakula bug skirt.

No luck on squid on the reef however other boats did better. Picked another flattie and 2 bonnies(letting one go as I already had enough) off boat harbour and decided to head back to Gray's point. On my way back engine oil indicator started to flash - not good 🥺  stopped engine (Suzuki DF70), checked prop,revs also ok etc. Could not see any smoke...so getting home took a while. Think it might be an automatically triggered when engine reaches certain hours -now 85hrs-  as a reminders of upcoming service.

All and all eventful day.

First on the menu is bonito with thai fried rice. 

Cheers, Gus

IMG_20200405_134935.jpg

• Like 5

I gave the bonnie fillets a go with a Greek style - baked with oregano and potatos (Palamitha sto Fourno)

Tailor is currently getting a treatment with smoke, should be ready for lunch. This smoke box from a a shop is working well.

Cheers, 

Gus

IMG_20200408_115819.jpg

Edited by thaichilli