Rocket Launcher - Shotgun Rigger

zmk1962

1 hour ago, zmk1962 said:

🤔   hmmm .... if it's all been written before then why does a site like Fishraider prosper ???

Cheers Zoran

... so that we fisherman who are attempting new challenges can ask the questions and be referred to places where its all been written before........... 🙄   ... or where we will be take seriously and receive the assistance we seek.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PaddyT said:

Zoran-honestly no need for anyone to write anything about pelagic trolling-just go to Pakula's website and read and watch the Between the Lines stuff-its all been written before

You could say the same about any fishing subject couldn't you!

But then where is the talk or conversation of testing someone else's theory or experimenting with or adapting something to suit your budget or lack there of?

I also find it pretty hard to makes friends with a webpage 😉

• Like 3

On 9/22/2020 at 3:58 PM, zmk1962 said:

🤔   hmmm .... if it's all been written before then why does a site like Fishraider prosper ???

Cheers Zoran

So others can point you in the right direction-which is what ive done-there is billions of words that have been written on the subject but Between the Lines puts it altogether in a straight forward way-and its not contingent on using Pakula lures , the principles work no matter what you are hanging out the back. oh-and BTW the man himself is incredibly helpful if you contact him-having said all that i would also point out that i have been involved in the capture of about 20 marlin and hookups on about 40 more-i think there are far more qualified folk than myself to write such an article.

5 hours ago, PaddyT said:

So others can point you in the right direction-which is what ive done-there is billions of words that have been written on the subject but Between the Lines puts it altogether in a straight forward way-and its not contingent on using Pakula lures , the principles work no matter what you are hanging out the back. oh-and BTW the man himself is incredibly helpful if you contact him-having said all that i would also point out that i have been involved in the capture of about 20 marlin and hookups on about 40 more-i think there are far more qualified folk than myself to write such an article.

Hmmmm.  Thanks @PaddyT ... so I took your advice and had a look at the Pakula site ....

https://www.pakula.com/btl/ch-10-boat-setup/outriggers.html

... low and behold ... they have this thing called a SHOTGUN POLE .... wow. The concept is identical to my Shotgun Rigger except that I mount mine in rocket launchers and theirs seems to be a dedicated fixture on the hardtop - like outriggers are on the sides !

So that just tells me my concept is a feasible and workable implementation - just happens to be a DIY retrofit effort that perhaps others can adopt - versus a manufactured store bought thing.

BTW, did you read their site? .. a lot of your previous commentary was along the lines of  why bother... and yet here's Pakula saying go for it ? 

Anyway, I appreciate what you say, that its all been written before, but there is a lot of value in someone summarising the information they found relevant for this location and that made them who they are in this community...  That info, that summary is the makings of a valued article.

@mrsswordfisherman did a similar thing with the COVID related post so we all didn't have to go search for the bits of info.

But I know - it's a lot easier to comment from the side lines than to actually create a post... let alone try something new.

Cheers Zoran

PS - I actually have had the opportunity to chat to Peter Pakula ("the man"). I rang Pakula  asking about a specific skirt and he answered the phone personally, a true gentleman, true professional and very forth coming with advice. He was first to acknowledge what he used up north in QLD was just a guide for us southerners .. there is always that locality factor and local experience.  AND that local knowledge combined with experience and willingness to share is the value of a site like Fishraider   

PPS - 20 captures and 40 hookups - that puts you about 19 captures and 38 hookups ahead of me - still makes me wonder why you prefer to comment versus post.

Edited by zmk1962
  • Thanks 1