Jump to content

New COVID symptom


zmk1962
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hey Raiders,

I believe I have discovered a so far undocumented new symptom of COVID - I think the offical name for this symptom would be "hairy faciatis" ... but it would most popularly be known as "virus whiskas" ... 

I have observed that this symptom occurs during lock down and when significant time is spent in the man cave /workshop !  So far it does not seem to have any ill effect (the mrs is still talking to me and happy to stay close) so I am curious if its contagious and if any other members have experienced the same.  

I am aware a similar condition existed prior to COVID (eg @rickmarlin62) so perhaps the members that had it prior could assist in rating or classifying the intensity of the symptoms for those of us that are just experiencing this now. Also are there any documented cases of recovery ?!?!

Here is a photo of the symptom:

image.png.da46d53dac443b284fe0471ca824c466.png

Cheers Zoran

  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another symptom you can suffer if not very careful is "abdominal expansion". I hear it's triggered from boredom which then leads to excessive alcoholic/food consumption to fight off the disease.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great post, Zoran. Just be aware that excessive facial hair can make the wearing of a face mask inefficient. 😉

I am aware of another symptom... fartus tobesureus. I read that victims of COVID19 sometimes lose their sense of smell. So, I am asking people, “Can you smell that?” If they say they can’t, I give them a strange look and extra distance. I also do this to my work colleagues, even if I don’t drop one. 😂

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I can speak for the females - my hair is out of control and grey is very prevalent. 

I am saving money on haircut/colour, nails, makeup (what is makeup?)

I am really excited because tomorrow I am going to get a flu vaccine. Might throw some lipstick on and blow dry my hair if I remember how .......

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Well I can speak for the females - my hair is out of control and grey is very prevalent. 

I am saving money on haircut/colour, nails, makeup (what is makeup?)

I am really excited because tomorrow I am going to get a flu vaccine. Might throw some lipstick on and blow dry my hair if I remember how .......

Maria has a partial solution with her hairdresser - who prepared the correct colouring formulation, packaged it in a brown bag and left it at her front doorstep - for my wife to pickup as essential supplies. All payments were cashless and contactless. We have a daughter at home who is proficient in applying said formulation.  I was asked to, but quickly rejected as I could only vouch for my capability with Dulux products.

 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, zmk1962 said:

Maria has a partial solution with her hairdresser - who prepared the correct colouring formulation, packaged it in a brown bag and left it at her front doorstep - for my wife to pickup as essential supplies. All payments were cashless and contactless. We have a daughter at home who is proficient in applying said formulation.  I was asked to, but quickly rejected as I could only vouch for my capability with Dulux products.

 

Oh that sounds a good "solution" (pardon the pun). Lucky Maria still looks well cared for :)

Hmmmm I dont have any hair experts here. I am a great nurse but no way I will try hairdressing!

Swordie said he would try to cut it and I almost had a stroke at the thought of it. I will wait till it is safe to go to the hairdressers.

I can't wait to go to the movies gold class, go out to dinner and have some fine food, hitch up the caravan and go off on an adventure, and I am sure we will all enjoy those things we once took for granted :)

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

I am aware of another symptom... fartus tobesureus

Baz,  are you sure fartus tobesureus is a symptom .... it sounds more like a preventative measure ?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

Baz,  are you sure fartus tobesureus is a symptom .... it sounds more like a preventative measure ?

Definitely a form of creating social distancing or isolation, now I know why some of the aisles in Bunnings are empty 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve managed to keep my symptoms at bay usually by addressing it once or twice a week depending on the comments I receive from the other half, hey Zoran I wish I had an outbreak like you have on top but then again mine appears to be improving as I haven’t been to the bank in ages & haven’t seen any monitors around 😂

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Oh that sounds a good "solution" (pardon the pun). Lucky Maria still looks well cared for :)

Hmmmm I dont have any hair experts here. I am a great nurse but no way I will try hairdressing!

Swordie said he would try to cut it and I almost had a stroke at the thought of it. I will wait till it is safe to go to the hairdressers.

I can't wait to go to the movies gold class, go out to dinner and have some fine food, hitch up the caravan and go off on an adventure, and I am sure we will all enjoy those things we once took for granted :)

 

I've told the other half they can cut my hair over the weekend... 🤔

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Im in trouble  i have the hairy symptoms and the abdominal elargement   LD 2020   terrible disease

Hahaha ... but I think your hairy faciatis was prior to LD so makes you an observer and evaluator or new symptom developers ! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      68.7k
    • Total Posts
      561.5k
×
×
  • Create New...