Harbour session

PackedAFlatty

Had a late night fishing session with a buddy of mine Wednesday night in Sydney Harbour trying to bag a big catch for the Easter weekend. Spent the first couple hours bagging some bait then a whole lot of waiting for something to happen to the fresh butterflied yakkas. Nothing besides pickers/choppers picking away at the bait eating everything but the head. 2:30AM when we got the one and only hit of the evening; felt at first like a jewfish hit and then even halfway through the fight with some decent headshakes I thought we had a decent schoolie on the end of the line. It wasn't until we had the fish close to the wharf when it started doing some aerial acrobatics that we realised it was a big tailor! Bled straight away and bagged for Good Friday dinner - smoked tailor with salt and brown sugar.

-PackedAFlatty

92572988_427616884759459_8779740582768541696_n.jpg

93142570_2722048588015098_2131783163121238016_n.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Pickles said:

Nice work - there are a few big tailor starting to turn up, so mullet run not far away and Jew to follow.

When chasing Jew during and after the mullet run, do you try to use live or fresh poddy mullet and tailor? I heard they can be good Jew baits but I tend to shy away in favour of squid and yakkas

Edited by PackedAFlatty

nice fish. I went out in the harbour yesterday with my dad to catch my brother some kingfish. only caught a few squid in the morning and the kings didnt seem interested in eating anything and they only picked the squid apart. had a few hookups but the hook didnt set properly.