Easter weekend 2020

Scratchie

Not what you really want to see from a town/region that relies heavily on tourism/holiday income to survive.

But then the whole country is in the same boat.

Anyway it certainly does look like the message about the Easter weekend/school holidays hasn't fallen on deaf ears!

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Boat harbour empty  whoda thought

It know ay! 
Believe it or not these photos were taken the same day! 
The first, the ocean was frothing at Noamunga headland and the second, the protection of a southerly! 

I don't know what happened, but there is people everywhere at my place, it's like a summers day, people swimming, a surf school operating, people walking and sitting on blankets and stuff, why are these people out?

2 minutes ago, noelm said:

I don't know what happened, but there is people everywhere at my place, it's like a summers day, people swimming, a surf school operating, people walking and sitting on blankets and stuff, why are these people out?

Wow! They must be all able to afford the fine 🤔 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Wow! They must be all able to afford the fine 🤔 

Strangely enough, the cops have done their "rounds" and driven straight past large groups of people, not too sure what goes on.

I drove by the boat ramp this morning on the way to the shop and there was literally hundreds of boats out, yesterday was deserted, today there is trailers parked down side streets and anywhere one will fit, I did hear that big Yellowfin were "on" but that's unconfirmed, there is just so many boats out.

• Sad 1

Thursday  I took the dog for a walk at Terrigal at the skillion about 14 minutes from home & was surprised to see hardly any trailers at the ramp today however heaps as well as lots of people some even sitting around not adhering to the distancing rules, I was at the ramp for no more than 15 minutes & saw a few snapper & a few flatties been cleaned. The ramp  was 3 abreast as the surge was making it rather difficult, I helped one of the guys I’d spoken to before covid19. latch his boat to the winch to make things easier 

As I was heading out another 2 guys who were hitching there boat up as I was leaving offered one of there fish to the guy I had just helped, he knocked it back so they offered it to me & I gratefully accepted 

381088EA-CD9C-404E-B027-09340EFF738F.thumb.jpeg.2fc088e3d520c94a287b496f61b49089.jpeg 

80cm kingy, they had managed to bag out. I kept my distance the whole time & the only thing I touched other than the winch clip while I was there was the kingy that he kindly put on the gunnel for me.
It’s great to be a local 

Edited by 61 crusher
  • Like 1