Land based fishing east side Lake Macquarie

GarryN

Hey guys! new to the forum, just wondering if you guys have any tips and tricks about fishing west side of Lake Macquarie, I’m in the middle of getting a boat but for now I’ll only be fishing land based, I usually go out to Wangi near the caravan park and fish half pilchard and squid for bait with not much luck, catch a fair few 30-40cm bream but main target fish are flathead. Can’t catch a flathead if my life depended on it. Other places to go are coal point off the rocks on the point, And off the rocks near club Catalina at Rathmines. Heading out to a jetty tomorrow morning to try and get some live squid for bait, might try the Rathmines jetty near styles point. Would live bait be a good start for flatty? If so what would your tackle outfit look like? Also just started to give the squidgies a go, never had a bite on them yet, any suggestions on them aswell? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I meant west side of lake!!

Edited by GarryN

1 hour ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Try this 

I went to acouple of places what squirt suggested yesterday afternoon with no luck, just a good school of tailor behind the airport, I tend to have more luck west side of lake 😃 

Edited by GarryN

Hey Garry,

Depending on time of year depends on tailor and what not, i have a couple of places on the Wangi side too, just haven't gotten around to uploading locations, only problem i have noticed lately is the amount of weed around that side of the lake, you can try fishing point, that has resulted in some good bream. Also comes down to exactly what your fishing for and what times you are prepared to go, for instance fishing on Monday night right across the road from mine was fantastic, heaps of bream and some small snapper, but that was 2am in the morning when the tide was on the change..

Feel free to pm me mate, always keen for a flick, five islands Bridge has resulted in some good Flattys and a variety of fish, and last week my mrs caught a little sweetlip/sweep under swansea bridge on the swansea side.

Regards, Squ!r+

• Thanks 1

On change of tide you can't go wrong fishing Swansea bridge, just depends on how fast the current is and what side you choose, sometimes you get some stonker tailor, i think my pb is around the 46 mark, second pilon from Marks Point/Pelican side facing the RSL with a little walker wobbler, good fun.

• Thanks 1