Passive Excercise Fishos doing the right thing

Thank you, @the skipper for your post.  I, too, have been umming and ahhing about whether or not to go for a fish. Considering the boat ramps are currently closed in my area, the decision was easier. They will be opened to local residents only from next week, so I’ll see how that plays out (although my regular ramp will probably be sanded up!). I am still in mixed minds about fishing in the boat due to the impact on the Marine Rescue volunteers. Port Stephens MR is still operating but volunteers are in short supply due to the risk to them because of their age. I was told some other bases have had to close due to social distancing requirements. I planned to fish land based this morning but took my 82 year old mother-in-law for her flu shot instead. I walked down to my intended spot this evening and it looked promising, so maybe I’ll give it a go in a few days.

Good on you for having a conscience and thinking it through. Glad you could get out and enjoy what you love!  I figure if you have to think too much about it, maybe the right thing to do is just stay at home, or local, and do something else! Stay safe. Stay well.

PS. I don’t have an issue with the whole 1.5m spacing thing. It’s pretty straightforward. As for “how big is a bigger boat?”... basically, you need 4 square metres of deck space per person (this is ingrained in my brain because I helped measure different areas at work so we knew how many people we could have in each area!). In my boat, a 4.5m side console, it would just be easier to fish alone (I enjoy that anyway!), or with someone from my family (same household). It’s not rocket science and I really can’t understand people who say it is too confusing!

Edited by Berleyguts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1