Any gym rats on here?

Fab1

Back in the day, although just getting out of bed & walking around now is classes as weight training for me 😂

Ive been meaning to start again, I got my weights out from under the bed a while back, dusted then of & left them in the open so I would start, then about 4 weeks later I was tripping over them so in the end put them away 😏

The thing with any training is you have to have the right motivation & mental determination to want to do it.

I used to train heavily, weights & different dry land drills to get ready for the snow seasons I did & before going overseas skiing in the summer.

After giving it all away the training went by the wayside unfortunately.

Edited by kingie chaser

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, kingfishbig said:

A bit - but I more so with a resistance band. I do it to get me an edge in tennis.

Those are great as you get constant tension like using cables.I use to play tennis too.

29 minutes ago, Fab1 said:

Those are great as you get constant tension like using cables.I use to play tennis too.

I have probably added 20 km per hour to my serve, though most of that is due to improving my technique. Ie getting a proper power loop or deep drop instead of bringing the racquet straight back.  You don't really need a court to practice. It can even be an advantage as you are not distracted by the result of whether the ball is going in or not - you just focus on the mechanics. It's been a good little lockdown exercise. 

Yeh i get into it a fair bit, gone from bodybuilding style work outs, to now more power lifting/ strength training.

Its been hard lately ,  but i made a set of dumbells with steel pipe, buckets and some quick dry cement, which has helped me continue moving and not losing too much mass. 

I started training in 2011 at a mere 57kg, i now hover between 89-95 kg depending on my diet. 

1 hour ago, Scratchie said:

I used to go to the gym 3 times a week religiously. Fortunately it was only to drop my son off! 😂😂😂

cheers scratchie!!! 

p.s. the fish up here give me a decent workout 👍

If i relied on the fish i caught to build muscle I'd have arms like Urkel. 😂😂

1 minute ago, GoingFishing said:

Was a gym junkie between the ages of 18 to 24......been many years since I've been on the gym. Got married, got a mortgage, had children....goodbye Gym !!! 😭

Hello beer gut.😂😂

1 hour ago, Rey05 said:

Yeh i get into it a fair bit, gone from bodybuilding style work outs, to now more power lifting/ strength training.

Its been hard lately ,  but i made a set of dumbells with steel pipe, buckets and some quick dry cement, which has helped me continue moving and not losing too much mass. 

I started training in 2011 at a mere 57kg, i now hover between 89-95 kg depending on my diet. 

That's great going.Imagine what you could do it you were "Natural". I'm kidding mate.Well done!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Fab1 said:

If i relied on the fish i caught to build muscle I'd have arms like Urkel. 😂😂

Hello beer gut.😂😂

That's great going.Imagine what you could do it you were "Natural". I'm kidding mate.Well done!!

hahahaha....... gear isn't bad for you, gear abuse is. 

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Not anymore but my daughters do. Boot camp ran continued and the gyms are now back open. I also set up our garage with punch bags, weights, powerbands and giant truck tyres etc for my girls. Ive been amazed how much use its been getting, literally 1 to 2hrs of full on pounding everyday they are not at boot camp.