Running Instant Hot Water on LPG gas

zmk1962

19 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

I’m paying $89 for 45kg bottle delivered. That works for me. 
cheers Zoran 

Blimy that's cheap, might have to get one of those for the bbq 😁

Accept I wouldn't fancy carrying it up 4 flights of stairs 🤣

Edited by kingie chaser

I received my gas bill last week for winter. I run two gas heaters in winter and considering that, the bill was not expensive.

My Electricity bill is also reasonable. I do have solar hot water. 

I spent a day shopping around for the best prices. You have to shop around.

Cheers.

• 3 months later...

Just thought I'd report back and close out on this topic if anyone else starts looking at this.

Prior to installing the gas instant hot water, the gas ran some of our heating and most of our cooking - this load accounted for 2 x 45kg gas bottles per year. 

We added the gas instant hot water in May2020.  So have now experienced the extremes: some months in winter and now summer.

With hot water added, we are now getting 7weeks out of a bottle in winter and 9weeks in summer. So on an 8week average, that means we are using 6.5gas bottles per year. An increase of 4.5 gas bottles due to the hot water. 

At current gas cyl prices and electricity offpeak prices this represents a 25% saving on our hot water running costs. 

Thanks again Dieter ( @61 crusher) for a top installation job.

Cheers Zoran

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

Just thought I'd report back and close out on this topic if anyone else starts looking at this.

Prior to installing the gas instant hot water, the gas ran some of our heating and most of our cooking - this load accounted for 2 x 45kg gas bottles per year. 

We added the gas instant hot water in May2020.  So have now experienced the extremes: some months in winter and now summer.

With hot water added, we are now getting 7weeks out of a bottle in winter and 9weeks in summer. So on an 8week average, that means we are using 6.5gas bottles per year. An increase of 4.5 gas bottles due to the hot water. 

At current gas cyl prices and electricity offpeak prices this represents a 25% saving on our hot water running costs. 

Thanks again Dieter ( @61 crusher) for a top installation job.

Cheers Zoran

I must have missed this thread previously. Glad you went with the instantaneous. its the best option BY FAR, and take it from me, on my projects ive installed every type of hot water heating you can possibly imagine.

Back when solar hot water made its break into the market, it only made commercial sense because of the government subsidization, otherwise it would have taken 10 years just to pay off the unit and break even. Now with the enhancement of solar the performance is alot better but still nothing competes with instantaneous gas when it comes to hot water heating.