Fishingbuddy

Hi there

New to this fishing site and looking for a fishing buddy. New to North side of Sydney ( Brookvale), so don’t really know any fishing spots at all. Thinking to take my kayak out but 2 is always better than 1 in the water. So if anyone else willing or doing kayak fishing alone, we can fish side by side. We sure can help each other a lot.

cheers

MD

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Everyone 

From the day when I posted first till today I’m going out fishing  SOLO  with Kayak or landbased. Got few breams, few small flatties as well as baby pinkies. Now I am seriously desperate to find a buddy/ mate/ Guru or a mentor to learn new things and fish together.

Fridays weather looks okey so far. Thinking to go around spit bridge area and fish 2–4 hrs this Friday arvo. Anyone interested? I’m open for all ideas and tips. 

cheers

md

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Reel’em said:

Thanks Everyone 

From the day when I posted first till today I’m going out fishing  SOLO  with Kayak or landbased. Got few breams, few small flatties as well as baby pinkies. Now I am seriously desperate to find a buddy/ mate/ Guru or a mentor to learn new things and fish together.

Fridays weather looks okey so far. Thinking to go around spit bridge area and fish 2–4 hrs this Friday arvo. Anyone interested? I’m open for all ideas and tips. 

cheers

md

I remember seeing this ad for find a fishing mate on facebook or something like that so maybe you should go and check it out. I am lucky enough to have a fishing mate in the back street so we go out a fair bit you should be able to find someone I reckon.

PM sent - I've probably got either Sunday or Monday free and probably both and if so I'll be heading out for a fish.

I have a kayak and do a lot of shore based in the lower north shore.

I usually mentor a few people each year as you might notice if you go through some of my past posts. At the very least I should be able to help getting you up to speed in the general area.

Edited by DerekD
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

On 6/4/2020 at 10:26 PM, DerekD said:

PM sent - I've probably got either Sunday or Monday free and probably both and if so I'll be heading out for a fish.

I have a kayak and do a lot of shore based in the lower north shore.

I usually mentor a few people each year as you might notice if you go through some of my past posts. At the very least I should be able to help getting you up to speed in the general area.

Thank you DerekD for your time. It was nice to meet you face to face and learn a lot from you in our very first session. To be honest it was my first ever soft plastic experience and even though it was ‘ learn to cast’ session; I was surprised to hook a  baby snapper. LoL

I came home n realised how tiny little small things makes a massive difference. I surely started to look after my rods and reels ( most of them I have already damaged anyway) but as you said ‘ it’s about habit’ and that I need to change.

I respect you for your patience to teach a noob angler and pass your valuable experiences and skills. Looking forward for more sessions soon.

Thanks again.

MD

• Like 4

On 6/4/2020 at 9:22 PM, Reel’em said:

Thanks Everyone 

cheers

md

Count me in, usually day off Monday Tuesday. Can join you someday for land based or kayak fishing. 

• 2 months later...

@MaxSakuma great, I’m sending a pm with my mobile number, I only work 1 weekend in every month, so anytime you want, let’s catch up. 

@Jayds mate sure we can plan something for weekdays if we can match our timings. Will pm you my number.

@mrsswordfisherman Sure - raiders are always their for each other. We have few highly skilled and experienced anglers , and fishraider gave me the opportunity to meet and learn from them. Thanks to all of you out there and special thanks to my mentor, my guru @DerekD

cheers

Md

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1