Port Stephens- Produces Again

Scratchie

Gday raiders, 

Got out today with fellow raider @back cruncher with the hope of a few snapper and some longtail. The snapper didn’t really want to play ball due to a lack of current. Although we did manage 4 decent ones to almost 70cm. We worked different areas pretty hard but was  starting to become deflating, so we tried for some longtail. Didn’t take long and the first livie was ripped out of my hands. Solid 12kg plus longy on deck. Then went back to the anchor and the next pretty much did the same thing. Another solid fish on deck. Two was more than enough, so at midday we called it quits and headed home! 
Just love it when a plan comes together! 

cheers scratchie!!! 

D1A3B395-FB73-47BF-B583-FBF45BFAA75F.thumb.jpeg.ef965d10de50a558f08fa0321085d00e.jpeg

1D23FAEC-457E-4BCD-B6C4-4F731644FC14.thumb.png.ba574d7f6444e2828603730961912ca7.png

B5B3C459-4E19-490C-BD78-F942E43B9BBC.thumb.png.fda16a962c8c41998d63975fb7c448e8.png

• Like 21

26 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

Red wine with fish. Whatever floats your boat!

I agree though... need the wasabi. Pickled ginger is nice too. 😉

Pickled ginger yes! Forgot to get some and couldn’t wait! 

43 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

Red wine with fish. Whatever floats your boat!

I agree though... need the wasabi. Pickled ginger is nice too. 😉

Baz, we all have our own likes & dislikes but if I was entertaining absolutely I would have some pink ginger & wasabi plus as an added extra I would have some wakami salad & even some smallish cut nori sheet squares.

Build your own as you like it in the little nori sheet.

If I could build one now for scratchie even with the wasabi I'm sure he would give it a go.

If your not a fan of straight wasabi then I recommend adding some to some kewpie mayonnaise to draw away the heat but still give some flavour.

Oh & some shots of nice saki would be a great addiction as well 😁

Enjoy your meal scrachie, love the sound of the will sauce 👌

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

Red wine with fish.

Red wine with coco pops! Lol 😂 Just can’t stomach white wine!
Sometimes I think we complicate or try to do too much with fish! Sashimi I just like it simple. Fish and soy! Yum 😋 

Snapper etc I like to do with a nice sauce! But everything tastes better after a glass of red 👍👍👍

• Like 1

Awesome day jeffery 👏👏👏mate a good snapper and a longtail is defo on the bucket list adventure

Not sure abt the red wine tho...😀plenty of better alternatives😂btw alcohol kills germs and viruses🤔😉😉

• Like 1