Port Hacking

Yowie

Headed out early this morning up from Lilli Pilli. The squid grabbed a fish strip early on but I did not have a jig on a line, so I let the squid have a feed on the bait, then pulled the line and hooked him in a tentacle. A nice size squid - no tentacles left in the photo as I cut them off for baits.

The jackets are going a bit quiet, only 3. The reddie and one flattie took fresh squid, and fish for the other flattie.

Many small reddies about, some as small as 10 cms.

Plenty of pillies jumping, caught a couple but the little reddies hammered them as soon as they were cast out. Not a decent splash to be seen anywhere, no birds working at all. My mate in North West Arm told me there is nothing splashing about near his place, which is not usual for this time of year.

fish.jpeg_237.thumb.png.0662de7e418267d2e44b848d229617a1.png

• Like 6

Guest Guest123456789

Nice report Yowie. That baby squire should make for an interesting appetiser.

2 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Nice mixed bag yowie! Decent squid there too! 

cheers scratchie!!! 

Would like a feed from squidly, but he is in the freezer for bait as my squid bait is getting low.

My mate called and wants to go fishing on Tuesday night. The wife gave me a funny look when I said Yes, I'm going fishing again.😂

Edited by Yowie
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, flatheadluke said:

Nice report Yowie. That baby squire should make for an interesting appetiser.

Removed the fillets from the reddie, and also filleted 2 of the jackets. Crumbed and pan fried them, with veges, and a bottle of riesling. The jackets are a nice tender fish in fillets when the bones are removed. Small fillets but good eating.

Flathead to go.

11 minutes ago, GoingFishing said:

Nice bag of fish there Yowie. Must have been a decent size squid as the hood is almost 30cm on its own

Was a good size, and will make a few good baits.