HAIRTAIL 2020 now with report

Great to see the hairies are in at last. My mate and I went out  few times last season and NOTHING although in past years we've normally done well. Went out again about a week ago and neither we nor anyone else had much success. Decided to go deep so went to Browns and pulled up three good sized  blue eyed cod up to 15.6 kgs plus gemmies but hairies are so much better to eat. You've inspired us to have another session as soon as the wind eases a bit. Thanks for the report and encouragement.

I need it at the moment as I'm having chemo and it knocks me about a bit at times. My mate with whom I've been fishing with weekly for probably over 15 years is a great help - less than half my 76 years but with fishing age is no barrier to friendships.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sea Cur said:

Great to see the hairies are in at last. My mate and I went out  few times last season and NOTHING although in past years we've normally done well. Went out again about a week ago and neither we nor anyone else had much success. Decided to go deep so went to Browns and pulled up three good sized  blue eyed cod up to 15.6 kgs plus gemmies but hairies are so much better to eat. You've inspired us to have another session as soon as the wind eases a bit. Thanks for the report and encouragement.

I need it at the moment as I'm having chemo and it knocks me about a bit at times. My mate with whom I've been fishing with weekly for probably over 15 years is a great help - less than half my 76 years but with fishing age is no barrier to friendships.

Sorry to hear about your chemo. Keep going and hope it gives some relief or remission. 

We intend to go out again soon for another try also. Post up raiders or msg if you are going out and some of us might be there also.

mrsswordie

• 4 weeks later...