Towing a boat from Bowral to Greenwell Pt

crusher87

Hi guys,

Just seeing if anyone would recommend towing a boat from Bowral down Moss vale road to Greenwell Point / Jervis Bay Area? I’ve got a 6m centre console pioneer towed behind a V6 amerok. 

Thanks 👍

The road isn't too bad these days. Although there's a few hairpin corners, they've been widened out to make it easier for the semi trailers and caravans to get around. If they can get up and down the mountain, I don't see why you can't.

If in doubt, take the Amerok for a run one day minus the boat and see how you feel about it.

• Like 1

Just to add, why do you want to use Greenwell Point? there is lots of ramps closer, Port Kembla, Shellharbour, Kiama, all much closer than Greenwell Point, even Shoalhaven Heads, then a quick run down the river to Greenwell Point, not saying there is anything wrong with the location, just a simple "why"

You'll do it pretty easy with a boat that size. We done it for years with far lesser vehicles before the Nerriga Rd was done up.

Including one interesting trip with a seafarer viking behind a Sigma with my grandmother behind the wheel 😅 

On 5/21/2020 at 9:14 AM, noelm said:

Just to add, why do you want to use Greenwell Point? there is lots of ramps closer, Port Kembla, Shellharbour, Kiama, all much closer than Greenwell Point, even Shoalhaven Heads, then a quick run down the river to Greenwell Point, not saying there is anything wrong with the location, just a simple "why"

It just seems quicker to get out to the banks from Greenwell point. It’s around 25-30 NM from Shellharbour vs 7 NM from Greenwell. I’ll definitely be fishing out of Kiama and Shellharbour at some stage though. I’ve heard they’re pretty good too. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/20/2020 at 9:56 PM, crusher87 said:

Hi guys,

Just seeing if anyone would recommend towing a boat from Bowral down Moss vale road to Greenwell Point / Jervis Bay Area? I’ve got a 6m centre console pioneer towed behind a V6 amerok. 

Thanks 👍

Hi mate,

We are based in Mittagong and about to buy a 6m alloy Cat. 

How did you go down the pass with your boat? We would look at launching from Jervis Bay somewhere 

Cheers 

On 5/29/2020 at 3:12 PM, jimg1au said:

I am in Wilton if you want a crew let me know port Kembla shell harbour or Kiama have my own gear

Hi mate,

There may be an opportunity to come for a run with us in the not to distant future. A mate is buying a boat and he is based in Mittagong and im in Tahmoor.