IM BACK (flathead port Stephens)

Jnr Scratchie

Good afternoon raiders, 

havent been active or posted in a couple of years and yes I am @Scratchie son so I’m looking to start being active and making more posts in the future... 

while the girlfriend was catching up on some sleep the other afternoon I thought would be the perfect time to throw a couple plastics for 30mins! 

Found a little spot down corlette and first cast very unexpectedly landed a very nice 50 - 60cm flatty! 

CFE92D8E-DD70-4D73-8AE6-61C00E80C15F.thumb.jpeg.61ffa07244a1f6d2ca5763bd66b3c9aa.jpeg

thinking beatiful that’s dinner but I’ll have a couple more casts and deadset second cast bang another 45 - 50cm flatty, wasn’t a bad arvo got another 3 flatty around 35 - 45cm, until the tailor moved in then I couldn’t get past the things so yeah! Thanks for reading! 

• Like 20

Oh no, the boys getting back into fishing! Time to start locking up my gear 😂😂

Nice work there Jnr. Always worth going for a flick at the right tide. And @Berleyguts nah mate, not near your house. But shoal bay renown for good flatty.

cheers scratchie!!!  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jnr Scratchie said:

Good afternoon raiders, 

havent been active or posted in a couple of years and yes I am @Scratchie son so I’m looking to start being active and making more posts in the future... 

while the girlfriend was catching up on some sleep the other afternoon I thought would be the perfect time to throw a couple plastics for 30mins! 

Found a little spot down corlette and first cast very unexpectedly landed a very nice 50 - 60cm flatty! 

CFE92D8E-DD70-4D73-8AE6-61C00E80C15F.thumb.jpeg.61ffa07244a1f6d2ca5763bd66b3c9aa.jpeg

thinking beatiful that’s dinner but I’ll have a couple more casts and deadset second cast bang another 45 - 50cm flatty, wasn’t a bad arvo got another 3 flatty around 35 - 45cm, until the tailor moved in then I couldn’t get past the things so yeah! Thanks for reading! 

Not gunna be long before you start calling the accurate size of the catch Jnr. Get a few more under your belt and it's going to be " got a nice Flattie of 73cms". Amazing how accurate you can be after a while. Pity your dad though when he can't find a particular set up cause you're off using it somewhere. Good luck Jnr.

LOL        bn

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Oh no, the boys getting back into fishing! Time to start locking up my gear 😂😂

Nice work there Jnr. Always worth going for a flick at the right tide. And @Berleyguts nah mate, not near your house. But shoal bay renown for good flatty.

cheers scratchie!!!  

Ahh, I see... one of those reports where the location is sort of! 😂 Corlette, Shoal Bay, near enough! 😂 A bit like some of the tackle shop reports, e.g. “Dooley had a good session on the luderick at Cemetery Point”. 😂😂

A great effort anyway. 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Berleyguts said:

Ahh, I see... one of those reports where the location is sort of! 😂 Corlette, Shoal Bay, near enough! 😂 A bit like some of the tackle shop reports, e.g. “Dooley had a good session on the luderick at Cemetery Point”. 😂😂

A great effort anyway. 😎

Nah Baz, he actually says in his report......

“Found a little spot down corlette and first cast very unexpectedly landed a very nice 50 - 60cm flatty! “

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jnr Scratchie said:

Near bagnall beach there mate!! 

Yeah, near where I live. Your Dad threw me when he said, “but Shoal Bay renown for big flatty”. 😂

Good all along there. 😎

Edited by Berleyguts
  • Like 1

Good to hear your back into fishraider @Jnr Scratchie, looking forward to more reports. Nice first flattie & sounds like you had a productive quick session 

Good to see a bit of friendly family rivalry even if it’s only to do with fishing gear for now 😂

Edited by 61 crusher
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, blaxland said:

I will have to come up soon. Seems the gods will do anything to stop an annual raider meeting at PS I was looking forward to it.

Still might be on the cards yet! September is a good time of year to chase the big reds! Let’s see what restrictions are lifted on the next month or so! 

• Like 4