Hartop Boat owners... winter and windshield fog

M1100S

Hello Raiders

have just recently upgraded and i know have a hardtop and the last few fishes when i go out its obviously morning and being cold the windshield is fogging up and its a pain to see what going on outside. the wiper only does half of the windshield and wiping it down doesn't do much either as before you know it fog has set in again.

Any tips, tricks or products that you can put on windshield to help prevent the fogging or at least help reduce it ?

I had a hard top moored in Bermagui harbour and early morning starts were a pain in the neck for seeing out of the front window.

I got a bottle of RainX anti fog and applied it and had good vision after that. make sure you clean windscreen before applying.

Frank

Another tip not for fog but rain that I once used when my car wipers failed was to cut a potato in half & rub that all over the windscreen causes the water to bead up & shed off, beats hanging your head out the window & blinking really fast 😂

Edited by 61 crusher

I have external washer/wipers which remove exterior fog/condensation/rain. Internally I keep a microfiber cloth on the dash and find  after several wipes the fog stops forming. The initial fog/dew is a right PITA coming down middle harbour with all the early morning rowers but comes with the territory of a hardtop with full screens and the overall benefits that provides. 
I have purchased  RainX but yet to use as I get by with the above procedures. 
cheers Zoran 

• Like 1

Another vote for RainX also simply pouring some water over the outside of the window before heading off helps.  A cheap alternative is to put some dish washing liquid on a damp cloth,  wipe the inside and let it dry, this will prevent fogging on the inside.

Edited by JonD

Shampoo will prevent fogging on the inside. Apply it sparingly so it doesnt smear.

When I rode a motorbike I used apple fragrent shampoo inside my fullface helmet.  Clear vision and a pleasant smell.

46 minutes ago, dmck said:

Shampoo will prevent fogging on the inside. Apply it sparingly so it doesnt smear.

When I rode a motorbike I used apple fragrent shampoo inside my fullface helmet.  Clear vision and a pleasant smell.

We do the same with the yellow baby shampoo in our dive masks to stop fogging.

• Like 1