Port Stephens- Save the Date!!! SNAPPER****CANCELLED****

Scratchie

G’day raiders, 

Well, it’s time to try and organise another get together and see if we can chase some snapper. This is NOT a fishraider organised social but just an opportunity for a meetup if anyone wants to come and chase some snapper with me! 

With the increasing lift in restrictions and the encouragement from our state government to travel,  I thought I’d just put up an expression of interest to see if anyone was keen to go fishing on the 11th-13th September??? 

This of course will be subject to restrictions at the time and weather permitting. Learning from past experiences, I’ll look at a long range forecast and the dates may be altered. 

If anyone is keen then let me know! 

cheers scratchie!!! 

INTENDING TO ATTEND

@Scratchie

@kingie chaser

@Berleyguts

@zmk1962plus 2

@big Neil

@rickmarlin62

@dirvin21

@61 crusher

@the skipper

@frankS

@Peter Nelson

@JonD plus 2?

@back cruncher

@jeffb5.8

@quintrex52

@PaddyT

@pistolpete33 

@Smobaby

@blaxland 

@tdt_blue +1

@Pickles +2

@tobycb

@Jocler

@Pete6.6

@tyrone07

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I am planning a trip North, hopefully in the next month or so. Failing that coming to fruition I could make those dates, as Murray Cod season is closed. I have a fair bit of paperwork to do but would love to have a trip out with you if I can make it Jeff. Cheers, bn

• Like 1

Will see if any of my lot are up for it when it closer to the date. Like Zoran, I'm keen to try for a decent snapper 😁 This trip does come with a full guarantee doesn't it!!!!....a guarantee of meeting a few on here would do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey Jeff ... I note you are keeping track of numbers ... so for team BARRYCUDA (aka Zoran) you can put down 2+2?.

It will be Maria and I ... with an outlier possibility for Wayno and his wife as well.  

Will keep you posted. 

BTW, maybe this should be called the FRSSS event - the FR September Snapper Sesh  !

Cheers Zoran

• Like 1

Thanks for all the responses so far raiders! 
It will be good to have a meet up and for everyone to put a few faces to names.

Due to past experiences, I’ve made that date for a few reasons. It is not school holidays, therefore accomodation will be cheaper and the boat ramps less busy. The snapper that time of year are in full swing and I generally find my better or more sizeable captures are around that time. I can also adjust the date within a few weeks based on the weather and still get similar results. 

The format for the meet up will be the same as last year. 

Meet on the Friday: 6pm-8pm Anna Bay Tavern

Saturday: Little beach boat ramp 5am (fish as long as you want) meet back at ramp 4-5pm

Saturday night: Dinner West diggers 

Sunday: Fish early morning if you wish and meet at ramp between 10am-12pm for some bacon and eggs! 

Of course all times and meetings are optional to everyone and you can participate or opt out for whatever you want! 

Until further updates, 

cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, big Neil said:

I am planning a trip North, hopefully in the next month or so. Failing that coming to fruition I could make those dates, as Murray Cod season is closed. I have a fair bit of paperwork to do but would love to have a trip out with you if I can make it Jeff. Cheers, bn

BN, mate if it goes ahead I guarantee I will get you out on a boat! You would love it up here! 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JonD said:

This trip does come with a full guarantee doesn't it!!!!....a guarantee of meeting a few on here would do.

Haha! I cannot account for your angling ability JonD. Lol 😝 But one thing I’ll guarantee you is that for all raiders that show up, I will give them all the GPS marks that I use to catch my fish! The rest is up to you! 👍

8 hours ago, frankS said:

I am always up for a meet and greet, and maybe the doctors might let me get on a boat this time.

Frank

Let’s hope your well frank and we’ll get you out there! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Thanks for all the responses so far raiders! 
It will be good to have a meet up and for everyone to put a few faces to names.

Due to past experiences, I’ve made that date for a few reasons. It is not school holidays, therefore accomodation will be cheaper and the boat ramps less busy. The snapper that time of year are in full swing and I generally find my better or more sizeable captures are around that time. I can also adjust the date within a few weeks based on the weather and still get similar results. 

The format for the meet up will be the same as last year. 

Meet on the Friday: 6pm-8pm Anna Bay Tavern

Saturday: Little beach boat ramp 5am (fish as long as you want) meet back at ramp 4-5pm

Saturday night: Dinner West diggers 

Sunday: Fish early morning if you wish and meet at ramp between 10am-12pm for some bacon and eggs! 

Of course all times and meetings are optional to everyone and you can participate or opt out for whatever you want! 

Until further updates, 

cheers scratchie!!! 

Thanks for organizing the get together again Jeff.

Im not a religious person but have put an order in with both Zeus & Poseidon for a crack at a decent weekend :whistling:

• Like 3

14 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Big neil  if you come up i will go up solo  you can jump in with me buddy

Cheers Rick. Defo planning on being there. Part of my "KEEPING BUSY PLAN". Be great to see u again.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Thanks for organizing the get together again Jeff.

Im not a religious person but have put an order in with both Zeus & Poseidon for a crack at a decent weekend :whistling:

Hey Adrian you forgot Neptune, hopefully this time around the weather gods are kind to us 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, 61 crusher said:

Hey Adrian you forgot Neptune, hopefully this time around the weather gods are kind to us 

Fingers crossed it will be our turn for a chance at whiskers 😜

Ok, I will put the order in with the Roman gods as well as the Greek ones then & throw in Jupiter to  :biggrinthumb:

Mate I will even throw in Odin if it will help the cause :dwarf:

I watched the movie Troy the other day, I think it was still on my mind 🤨 🤣

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sounds like a good weekend, i think i will try to make it but wont confirm until mid August. Chances are will be solo so am happy to share my boat with another Raider-only condition will be non smoker and non spewer -and i dont allow booze on my boat either- will confirm a bit later on.

• Like 3

On 6/5/2020 at 6:06 PM, Scratchie said:

BN, mate if it goes ahead I guarantee I will get you out on a boat! You would love it up here! 

The fishing here has been crap for so long that I really need to do something worthwhile, This will fit the bill perfectly. Rick has offered to play host so I will look forward to joining him on board. I shall look forward to wetting a line with the  Fishraider Snapper experts. Thanks for organising this Jeff, so looking forward to it.It is going to be an amazing experience. bn

• Like 2