Jump to content

Port Stephens- Save the Date!!! SNAPPER****CANCELLED****


Recommended Posts

On 6/4/2020 at 7:59 PM, Scratchie said:

G’day raiders, 

Well, it’s time to try and organise another get together and see if we can chase some snapper. This is NOT a fishraider organised social but just an opportunity for a meetup if anyone wants to come and chase some snapper with me! 

With the increasing lift in restrictions and the encouragement from our state government to travel,  I thought I’d just put up an expression of interest to see if anyone was keen to go fishing on the 11th-13th September??? 
 

This of course will be subject to restrictions at the time and weather permitting. Learning from past experiences, I’ll look at a long range forecast and the dates may be altered. 
 

If anyone is keen then let me know! 
 

cheers scratchie!!! 

INTENDING TO ATTEND

@kingie chaser

@Berleyguts

@zmk1962plus 2

@big Neil

@rickmarlin62

@dirvin21

@61 crusher

@the skipper

@frankS

@Peter Nelson

@JonD plus 2?

@back cruncher

@jeffb5.8

@quintrex52

@PaddyT

@pistolpete33 

@Smobaby

@blaxland 

@tdt_blue +1

@Pickles +2

@tobycb

@Jocler
 



 


 


 

@Pete6.6

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fellow Fishraiders,  It is with deep regret that the “Meet Up” in Port Stephens this year is cancelled.  With the restrictions currently in place by the NSW Government and the uncertainty in th

G’day raiders,  Well, it’s time to try and organise another get together and see if we can chase some snapper. This is NOT a fishraider organised social but just an opportunity for a meetup if an

Big neil  if you come up i will go up solo  you can jump in with me buddy

Jeff. I still have those items that will be offered for incentive and prizes, I will be ( if it's OK with you ) making a separate thread with intended prizes with photos down the track sometime before the event.

Lets hope this event turns out to have lots of members participate and we can get to meet fellow members.

At this stage I will be sharing accommodation with BigNeil and maybe one other,  Neil has already had offer to share boat. It looks like I will just be there for the company as my doctors advise against me getting on a boat, need to see specialist next month so see what he says ?.

Frank

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, frankS said:

Jeff. I still have those items that will be offered for incentive and prizes, I will be ( if it's OK with you ) making a separate thread with intended prizes with photos down the track sometime before the event.

Lets hope this event turns out to have lots of members participate and we can get to meet fellow members.

At this stage I will be sharing accommodation with BigNeil and maybe one other,  Neil has already had offer to share boat. It looks like I will just be there for the company as my doctors advise against me getting on a boat, need to see specialist next month so see what he says ?.

Frank

No worries Frank. 
If you get the ok 👌 we’ll get you on a boat 100%. 
Let’s just hope we continue to progress with the lifting of restrictions and the weather gods are kind to us. 
 

If anyone knows of a good long range forecast, let’s say two week window then I’d be interested to know of that! 
 

cheers scratchie!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't suppose there could be a change of date please ?

As it is my 40th wedding anniversary on the Sunday and if I go it could be my last.

Just putting it out there but no problem if it can't change.

Cheers 

The Skipper

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, the skipper said:

I don't suppose there could be a change of date please ?

As it is my 40th wedding anniversary on the Sunday and if I go it could be my last.

Just putting it out there but no problem if it can't change.

Cheers 

The Skipper

Anything is possible Paul. Depending on restrictions at the time and a long range forecast I’ll be looking to pick a date in from mid-late August! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, frankS said:

Should I wait a while before confirming and paying for accommodation ?.

Frank 

Yes Frank. That’s why I’ve given a SOFT date. We don’t know what’s ahead yet especially with restrictions and I want to give those that are committed the best opportunity to meet and greet, and get out to fish!

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Anything is possible Paul. Depending on restrictions at the time and a long range forecast I’ll be looking to pick a date in from mid-late August! 

Thanks mate 

Link to post
Share on other sites

****UPDATE******

Fellow raiders, 

Just wanted to let everyone know that at this early stage please do NOT make a booking for accommodation on the current date given.

To give ourselves the best chance of a successful meet, the date may need to change depending on weather and restrictions at the time. Unfortunately this may lead to a few drop offs and I completely understand but I really want to achieve a successful weekend if possible. So you may need to be flexible but I will endeavour to give everybody two weeks notice. 
At this stage the 11th-13th September is the soft date but I will start looking at confirming something mid-late August. 

Any questions please post here or pm me! 
 

cheers scratchie!!! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

****UPDATE******

Fellow raiders, 

Just wanted to let everyone know that at this early stage please do NOT make a booking for accommodation on the current date given.

To give ourselves the best chance of a successful meet, the date may need to change depending on weather and restrictions at the time. Unfortunately this may lead to a few drop offs and I completely understand but I really want to achieve a successful weekend if possible. So you may need to be flexible but I will endeavour to give everybody two weeks notice. 
At this stage the 11th-13th September is the soft date but I will start looking at confirming something mid-late August. 

Any questions please post here or pm me! 
 

cheers scratchie!!! 

 

All good scratchie, I get where your coming from.

It's still a long way out & many unknowns at this point.

And that's got nothing to do with the weather!

As long as it's not during school holidays there shouldn't be any issues booking something up there even a week out.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

All good scratchie, I get where your coming from.

It's still a long way out & many unknowns at this point.

And that's got nothing to do with the weather!

As long as it's not during school holidays there shouldn't be any issues booking something up there even a week out.

It won’t be school holidays that’s for sure! Should be no dramas with accommodation. Weather??? 🙏🙏🙏

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

When I book accomodation, I often use Booking.com and choose the free cancellation option. It might cost $10 or $20 more but if plans change you can cancel or reschedule, sometimes as late as the day before. This has saved me big $$$ plenty of times when I’ve had a drama crop up (and there have been plenty! 😂). It also means if a better deal comes up, I can take the new deal and cancel the old one. 😉

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scratchie said:

It won’t be school holidays that’s for sure! 

Sweet!

I know how busy the place can be during hols!

 

Just want to say I personally appreciate you in even the thought of putting together something like this Jeff.

I know you get a lot of satisfaction in taking people out seeing them enjoy themselves & while this isn't an official FR event I know it takes up a lot of your time in just monitoring this thread, conversing with everyone & then putting the details together so again its much appreciated :biggrinthumb:

 

Whatever the date is I would love to have a decent crack at those snaps under blue skies & a moderate swell 🙏🙏 

If I come home empty handed I would still be stoked just to have a decent day out on the water with fellow raiders 😉

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Geezus - You guys are gonna whip the ocean into a foam with all that SP work!! Hopefully we can participate too then head home to watch the foam going past!!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Welster said:

I am booked for the week.   Hopefully the weather plays ball. 

Have you booked already? As I said, don’t book yet as the date may change 😬

Ill be looking at a two week forecast from mid August. If it looks good then it’s locked in! 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scratchie said:

Have you booked already? As I said, don’t book yet as the date may change 😬

Ill be looking at a two week forecast from mid August. If it looks good then it’s locked in! 

Now I am trying to lock something else in for September trying to pivit around this date & organising other people into that date.

 

At then end of the day we just dont want a repeat of the last trip which the weather event didnt present till about 4 days out.

 

Life is a juggle, it is what it is & its not going to suit everyone.

I just hope the stars align & I can do both but if not something has to give😬

 

Such a hard thing to arrange for the masses but appreciate what your doing Jeff!

 

Mind you Im not going end up in the divorce court if I let either party down :whistling:🤣

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scratchie said:

Have you booked already? As I said, don’t book yet as the date may change 😬

Ill be looking at a two week forecast from mid August. If it looks good then it’s locked in! 

Yeah I have booked.   For the last trip Dad was coming up with me before I cancelled so I told him about this one.  Mum and dad decided to take their van up for two weeks.  I'm booked for a week of the time with the Girlfriend which includes that weekend.  I could  most likely move it back to the following weekend but no later and moving it forward might be ok too.
 

Fingers crossed it works out.  I get it can't suit everyone in the end.  If it doesn't there will be spot available on the boat sometime that week for a local expert!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/4/2020 at 7:59 PM, Scratchie said:

Fellow Fishraiders, 

It is with deep regret that the “Meet Up” in Port Stephens this year is cancelled. 
With the restrictions currently in place by the NSW Government and the uncertainty in these times surrounding this pandemic, I cannot in good faith or conscience hold a meet up in my area. 
Whilst I am majorly disappointed, it is in the best interest of us all. 
For those of you that may have booked accommodation and plan to come up anyway, I’ll be happy to provide as much information as possible to give you every chance to get your red! Just send me a pm!!!

Once we are on the other side of this crisis, we will definitely have a meet up and enjoy better times! 
 

Kind regards, 

Scratchie 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree its in the best interest. Thanks for working this .... as disappointing as it is there will be another time.   Cheers Zoran

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scratchie said:

Fellow Fishraiders, 

It is with deep regret that the “Meet Up” in Port Stephens this year is cancelled. 
With the restrictions currently in place by the NSW Government and the uncertainty in these times surrounding this pandemic, I cannot in good faith or conscience hold a meet up in my area. 
Whilst I am majorly disappointed, it is in the best interest of us all. 
For those of you that may have booked accommodation and plan to come up anyway, I’ll be happy to provide as much information as possible to give you every chance to get your red! Just send me a pm!!!

Once we are on the other side of this crisis, we will definitely have a meet up and enjoy better times! 
 

Kind regards, 

Scratchie 

Absolute bugger but I understand though Jeff.

It was one thing over the last few months of gloom that was giving me something to look forward to 😪

Corona wins again 😡

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 235 Guests (See full list)


  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      66,689
    • Total Posts
      539,609
×
×
  • Create New...