New location held fish.

Useless fisho

I have been driving past a wharf in the harbour as part of my job and looking at it thinking it would hold fish on it.

Today arrived 2 hours before high tide and quickly found my depth and where to put berly in.

Third drift i get a down then pull tight on my first fish for the day and safely in the landing net soon after.

Next fish buried me in the kelp on t a pylon and came back hookless.

Pulled the hook on a few fish before getting the next one into the net.

As the high tide neared i had four in the net and about 40 minutes into the runout i got my last fish out.

Persisted for 30 more minutes for no action so took a pic and released the fish.

Not too bad for my first time at this location and quickly worked out it is a run in tide spot.

That's a true hunter-gatherer instinct.

It gives me the greatest sense of achievement to look at a spot, analyse the available data, devise a strategy, execute, make some adjustments and catch fish. I don't do it very often but when I do my head gets so big I can't stand upright.

I do the same when I invent fishing rigs or tools. Eg I invented a stingray hook remover for when I'm in the bay and the rays are bad. No more lost hooks and safe from being stung. This sense of achievement is one of the biggest attractors for me to fish so kudos to you for your success on the blackfish.

Did a similar thing today, intuition told me to head to a big eddy in the harbour alongside Kirribilli on the run out tide. Just after we packed up I got to witness about 8 metery kingies chasing mullet (maybe tailor). Shame I didn't whack a popper in their face but it was an amazing sight. I can also relate with this data analysation and going out to see if your thinking was correct.

Good job!